Monday, April 30, 2007

Shame on You, Quizno's!

Not only do you not disclose your nutritional information (which I imagine is HEINOUS!), you have also changed your menu and removed the TURKEY LITE! Seriously, throw me a freaking bone here. I was just beside myself when I found myself in this new Quizno’s today and my standbye (which I believe is one of 3 sandwiches they’ve ever disclosed calories for) was not there. I ended up ordering a turkey sandwich with no sauce, no cheese….but it was regular, so I only ate half. Of course I was starving afterwards and sure I’d eaten a million points. Argh. I hate getting trapped like that! If I were alone, I would have walked out in a rage and gone hungry. Anything is better than feeling like you are making the wrong choice for nothing.
To vent further, Quizno’s has made no effort whatsoever to cater to a dieting crowd, be it low carb or low calorie. All the soups today were creamy, they were served in a bread bowl (I mean, come on, let’s add insult to injury here), half the sandwiches are served with bacon, all the salads come drenched in fattening dressings….there is literally NOTHING there for the health conscious dieter. They even eliminated the Baked Lays in line. Like the “3 ingredient” lays…potatoes, oil, salt….are better! PLEASE! I was so angry. No wonder Americans are obese. When something as innocuous as a sandwich becomes so full of fat and calories, we are all doomed.
On a more positive note, I haven’t been hit with the ravenous nighttime munchies yet. I just ate a bowl of lettuce with some Trader Ming dressing, so hopefully that has taken the edge off a little. Now, what to find for dinner that’s low in points and doesn’t involve dishes?! Man, I’m so lazy after work.
Food Points
Coffeemate creamer with coffee 1
2 All Bran Bars (separated by 6 hours, I’ll have you know) 4
1 cup of grapes 1
String cheese 1
Fiberful bar 1
Quizno’s smoked turkey sandwich, 1/2 of a regular, no cheese, no sauce 8
Salad with Trader Mings dressing 1
1 cup Fiber One Flakes with 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Breeze 3
Hostess 100 calorie chocolate cupcakes 1


Totals 21

No comments: