Sunday, April 15, 2007

I Heart Henry's

Amidst a slightly gloomy day (and by CA standards, that means we saw the sun most of the time but it did rain for maybe a 1/2 hour!), hubby and I hit the local Henry’s supermarket to grab some veggies for the week. And what booty I found! (Clear your minds! I mean this in the pirate sense of the word booty….arrrrr)
I came home with 2 bags of lettuce, a bag of baby spinach, two cucumbers, 2 zuchinni, a summer squash, kiwi fruit, strawberries, a bag of carrots & broccoli, and asparagus. Mmm Mmm Mmmm…..it’s going to be a great week. I came home and chopped up my cucumbers, then placed them in baggies with the carrots and broccoli so I can snatch them up in the morning and take them to work with me. I also made a dip with french onion dip mix and fat free sour cream. 4 tablespoons = 1 point, and I’m anticipating that this will last me two days. I also got Wasa rye crisps that I’m going to eat with my Laughing Cow light wedges for 2 point snacks. I figure they won’t be as bad for me as the 100 calorie packs, and they may actually fill me up.
Dinner tonight was chicken breast with sauteed onion, zuchinni, and summer squash in garlic, salt, pepper, a dash of EVOO, and some ICBINB spray. I also added a side salad with a tablespoon of Trader Ming’s Sesame Ginger Dressing— it’s like candy and only 25 calories for 2 tablespoons. I’m STUFFED!!! Which is a good thing, because I suspect I’m out of points in a major way. Today was just a snacky kind of day, and I never tallied my points. So, the table below might show some devastation as I reveal the day’s damage:
Food Points
Coffeemate creamer with coffee 3
1 cup Kashi Go Lean with 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Breeze 3
TJ’s Fiberful bar 1
Trail Mix Bar 3
Hostess 100 calorie pack (chocolate ones– YES!!!) 2
100 calorie pack of Mini Butter-flavored rice cakes (quaker?) 2
Mini pistachio flavored frozen yogurt 2
2 cups lettuce with 1 tbsp dressing 1
5 ounces chicken breast 5
Sauteed veggies 0

Totals 22
Well I’ll be! I guess all is not lost.
I didn’t do yoga this morning. Slept until 11am! What has become of me? Well, I do work hard during the week and my weekends are the only time to rest and recover. I guess I deserve it every once and while. And I hit up H&M for a little retail therapy while the hubby was out at work. Got some rockin’ work pants and some cute tanks to wear under cardigans…love it. Also got some workout clothes at Old Navy. Can’t beat their sports bras for $12. Granted, they aren’t that supportive, but who’s watching me?!

No comments: