Saturday, April 7, 2007

Burrito Bandito

As is usual for a Saturday, my husband and I went out on the town and ended up having a late lunch/early dinner at El Torito. He’s impossible, I swear. You think we could go to a seafood restaurant or maybe a salad place? Nah, he likes to make it hard on me. Anyway, turns out El Torito has a few good options for those trying to not gain 20 lbs by the end of the meal. I took Roni’s advice on Mexican food stand-by and ordered their vegetarian burrito. It was just a flour tortilla filled with vegetables…..zuchinni, summer squash, tomatoes, onions, and a little bit of corn. No sauce or filling. No cheese. A side of beans, which I don’t think were too bad. (Or even refried) No rice, just a side of melon. I hate melon, so that saved me a few calories, too.
At any rate, aside from being pretty tasteless, I was happy that it didn’t put me over my points for the day. According to DWLZ, the El Torito beans were 1.5 points. No information on the veggie burrito, but I figure it’s just the flour tortilla (slightly larger than the 3-point versions, so I’ll call it 4 points) and maybe some corn. 6 points altogether? And I abstained from the chips!!! I kept shoving gum into my mouth before the meal and when I was done with my dinner to prevent me from eating more. My jaws ache.
Anyway, that was the big excitement for the day. Here’s the dirt:
Food Points
Coffeemate creamer with coffee 3
1 cup Kashi Go Lean w/ 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Almond Breeze 2
1 cup strawberries 1
2 little Hershey eggs (darn you, mom!) 2
Pria Bar 2
Thomas Light English muffin with Boca sausage patty, slice of 2% cheese, ICBINB spray, and 1/4 cup of egg whites 4
El Torito Vegetarian Burrito with hot sauce 6
1 tablespoon low fat peanut butter 2



Totals 22
Flex points: 35 used (yesterday!! bleh)/0 remaining
Activity points: None. I slept in and missed the classes this morning

No comments: