Sunday, April 29, 2007

Couldn't Resist High Tea

I hope I didn’t submarine my day.
We were taking a beautiful walk in San Juan Capistrano on America’s oldest street when suddenly we came across this gorgeous cottage surrounded by flowers. The deck wrapped around the building was bustling with diners….so I ran over to the sign and to my great pleasure it was a tea house! Now, I haven’t had a proper tea since I went to England to visit my friend and had the works in Brighton, so I was definitely due. My husband protested heartily, but I trumped him and in we went. I don’t feel I was too bad. We ordered a pot of English breakfast tea, 4 sandwich triangles (equaling one whole sandwich), a cup of fruit, and a blackberry scone. I will admit, I had some cream on my scone….that’s how you really do a scone. Hubby ate half of everything, so that minimized the guilt I felt. I am not sure how to estimate points on this, though? Do I call it 10 and hope that covers it? Starbucks scones range from 8 - 16 points. If I say mine was 12 points total, then that is 6 for my half. The microscopic sandwiches could not have been more than 3. And my dab of cream 1? Well, I’ll call my wonderful, sinful, totally funny and whimsy teatime 10. The look of horror on my husband’s face at the portions (they were dainty) was enough humor to last a week!
Here’s my day so far. I’m thinking lots of vegetables tonight?!! I’d work out, but my knee is about ready to have a full blown flair-up and my legs are so sore they hurt to touch. I might be able to do an upper body circuit tonight with some abs, but anything that’ll earn me activity points will probably hurt too much. I hate getting old.
Food Points
Coffeemate creamer with coffee 3
1 cup Trader Joe O’s and 1/4 cup Almond Breeze 2
1 cup of grapes 1
1/2 of the Quaker chocolate 90 calorie pack 1
Hostess 100 calorie pack cupcakes 1
High tea– 1/2 scone, 1/2 sandwich, dab o’ cream 10
Artichokes, ICBINB 0
Coldstone Like It Sinless Sweet Cream, no topping 3
Fiber One Bar 2


Totals 22
1 flex point used. 0 activity points. (Although we did walk for 20 minutes, lost, in San Juan capistrano today, but we’ll err on the side of caution)

No comments: