Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sweatin' Away the Pounds

…at least I hope that’s what I’m accomplishing these days! Today was a great diet/exercise day for me. Not only did I really stay on program and feel good about what I ate, but I also made it to the gym and had an absolutely fantastic spinning class. And thanks to all the water I downed during the workday, I was sweatin’ up a storm! Woohoo! This was one of my very first days where exercising was a release and the adrenaline rush I needed to get me through the rest of the night. Just the thought….er, the hope…of having a rocking hot body is enough to keep me going here. Only then will I go on my long awaited honeymoon.
So, started the morning off with some blood tests. I have this chronically high temperature 3 weeks out of the month, and I’ve finally figured out the pattern after 6 months. I really don’t feel so hot during this time, I’m cold, and of course I have gained nearly 10 lbs since moving to California. FINALLY, I have a Dr. who is willing to dig deeper into the thyroid. So, fingers crossed they figure something out. I’ve been a human pincushion for too long.
Thanks again for all the encouraging remarks about my “obsession.” My friend and I had a good talk today and both felt pretty bad about it in retrospect. I vowed to try to talk work at work, and she vowed to respect my need to watch what I eat. Works well for me.
No pearls of wisdom today. Just hope I stay on track tonight. Here is my day:
Food Points
Coffeemate creamer with coffee 3
TJ’s light string cheese 1
TJ’s Fiberful bar 1
TJ’s Instant Blueberry oatmeal 3
Pria Bar 2
3 large carrots 0
1 cup of salad w/ salad spritzer (not enough to register) 0
Sugar free hot cocoa 1
1 ounce salami and 1 slice light Jalsberg in a spelt wrap 5
2 cups romaine lettuce with Trader Ming dressing and 1 tb slivered almonds 2
1.5 cups Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds 4
Totals 22
Flex points used: 5/30 remaining
Activity points earned: 4/5? Who knows. I’m not eating them, though!

No comments: