Friday, April 13, 2007

Saved By Costco

I had my mind set on “cheating” all day today. Granted, I have 30 flex points in the bank that I can use until Sunday, so it’s technically not cheating. What could have me fixated all day long, you ask? The Costco vanilla frozen yogurt. Gargantuan and creamy, it is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. DWLZ has it logged as 4 points, so it’s usually something I can plan for. Unfortunately, my day went downhill around noon and I ate a few more points than I should have in order to properly space out my day. So, the yogurt was totally going to dip into the flex bank.
Imagine my massive disappointment when the Costco food stand from hell RAN OUT OF VANILLA FROZEN YOGURT….RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY VERY EYES!!! No, I’m sure you can’t imagine it. Because it was such a huge downer– I feared I would break down into tears right then and there. Alas, I controlled myself and held it together, rejected the chocolate substitute, and then proceeded to pout for the entire night. Damn you, Costco. I love you, and I loathe you.
For those unaware, the Costco food stand is a source of much evil. One slice of pizza is the equivalent of nearly one whole day of points!!! That heinous “chicken bake” seems innocuous enough, but it is pure Big Mac in disguise. And the Caesar Salad– boy, I don’t know what they’ve done to it, but it’s so calorically rich you’d be better getting an In n’ Out burger with fries! So, there’s my PSA for the day. If you must, do the berry smoothie. Don’t let the yogurt get you, though. It’s addictive like Coffeemate….er, crack.
Here’s the damage for the day:
Food Points
Coffeemate creamer with coffee 2
TJ’s light string cheese 1
TJ’s Fiberful bar 1
TJ’s Instant Blueberry oatmeal 3
Pria Bar 2
3 large carrots 0
3 ounces of chicken breast with marinara sauce 3
OCoco’s 100 calorie pack 2
2 cups Trader Joe O’s with 1 cup of Unsweetened Almond Breeze 5
Thomas Light English Muffin with 1 TBSP Peanut butter 3
1.5 cups Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds 4
Totals 22
Flex points: 30 remaining
Activity points: None. But surely I earned a few dashing around the new H&M grand opening today. Talk about excitement. Once those crowds go down at the cash register, I’m going to do some real damage.

No comments: