Monday, April 2, 2007

Not All Eateries Are Evil

Well, I started the morning off with some massive disappointment. 152.5. This is up a pound and a half from a week ago, and I just don’t know what to think of it all? I mean, it’s possible I messed up on some of the restaurant items and didn’t allocate enough points to them, but I at least expected to see some movement. I also got AF this past week, so I thought surely that weight gain would be gone by now. If it wasn’t my TJ’s stir fry (I hydrated and DID NOT use soy sauce), then I’ve just managed to gain weight by exercising and eating healthy. If I weren’t so stubborn, I’d give up. Next up is the endocrinologist. I found a local one and I’m SO there.
Now, on to later today. Hubby came by to take me to lunch today. We usually make it a once a week occurrence, but I’ve been so busy the past few weeks that he resorted to just dropping a Subway sandwich off at the front desk! So today, we set some time aside and headed to ZPizza. I know, pizza is the kiss of death for dieters…. But this particular restaurant has a menu full of appealing salads that you can order with the dressing on the side. I ordered the pear and gorganzola salad, and I picked out all of the candied walnuts because I’d rather not count those calories. The nutritional information on their website has this salad, without dressing, listed at 200 calories. I figure 50 of those have to be the candied walnuts. At any rate, I dipped my fork in my dressing and probably only managed to eat a tablespoon, if that. I was amazed! So amazed, we continued our extended lunch hour with a trip to Golden Spoon for a mini frozen yogurt. 68 calories and 0 grams of fat. Sure, sugar, but I was craving it after my healthy lunch. All in all, I think I made it through my lunch hour with just 6 points eaten! Ok, maybe I’ll log it as 7 just to be on the safe side….
So, that was that. We hit the gym after work and I did 40 minutes on this bizarre elliptical machine that actually is more like a treadmill. I started out doing the fat burning, but wanted to sweat a bit more so changed it to “interval.” if anything can boost a metabolism, interval training should!!! We shall see….
Here’s the day:
Food Points
Coffeemate creamer with coffee 2
Banana (small) 1
TJ’s Light String Cheese 1
100 calorie Pria Bar 2
Z Pizza salad with 1 tbsp dressing 5
Golden Spoon mini yogurt 2
1 cup snow peas and carrots 0
1 packet sugar free hot cocoa 1
1 serving Barilla pasta with 1/4 cup sauce 4
Salad w/ 1tbsp slivered almonds and 2 tbsp Newman’s light balsamic 2
1 tbsp reduced fat Skippy Peanut Butter (I’m obsessed) 2
Totals 22
Flex points remaining: 35
Activity Points earned: 3

No comments: