Monday, April 9, 2007

The Cravery: Sinful and Worth Every Last Point

I had the very best lunch today!! My honey picked me up and we headed over to a new chain called The Cravery. They make handheld pot pies, fresh salads, and the most amazing soups you could possibly imagine. If you don’t have restraint, the Cravery probably isn’t for you. But there were so many options for me that I was pretty excited. My meal was just a bowl of tomato basil bique. Yes, a bisque. Yes, it was topped off with heavy cream whipped in. I’m sure it was evil. But the soup was dark red enough that I figure it couldn’t have been that bad. And if there were lots of cream, I would have been violently ill all afternoon. Anyway, this is the best soup I’ve ever had in my life, with the exception of Ruth’s Chris’ French onion soup. (I have dreams about that one) Anyway, thick from the pureed squash they add, and spicy, too. I felt like I was having a major cheat day! Hubby agreed and thought his cup of soup was almost better than his pepperoni pizza pot pie. (He is an evil man, we can all agree on that)
Anyways, to feel better about this unknown wonder, we hit the gym tonight and I did 40 minutes on the treadclimber thing. (Like an elliptical, but it has a vertical component in addition to the resistance) It’s hard work! I feel good, though, and worked up quite a sweat. Hubby and I came home and took turns putting eachother through our ab routine. I will see that six pack one day if it kills me.
My friend and coworker today said that I obsess about food like an anorexic person does. I have to say, this has been bothering me. She isn’t entirely incorrect. I mean, Weight Watchers has consumed my life for well over a year. But unlike her, I am not naturally blessed with skinny genes and every decision I make has to be carefully measured so that I don’t lose my grip on my weight. I’ve vowed never to get to 178 lbs again in my life. This is going to be a challenge. I feel bad that I’ve made her think I am obsessed, but I feel like I only talk about my diet if people ask! I suppose from now on, I’ll just tell people I’m allergic to butter and I’m just not hungry. Ugh. Is having a blog about what I eat really that obsessive? Can’t it be informative and helpful to people on their journey without me being labelled as an obsessive freak? Now, my husband’s parents came out and visited us last month and all they talked about was protein. They were downing protein shakes and avoiding the saltwater taffy store I took them to, constantly talking about how unhealthy everything was. I’m pretty darn healthy, so it really incensed me when they kept going on and on, like they held the monopoly on good eating. His mom even went so far as to tell me that I was “eating like a big girl” because I ate all of my vegetarian enchilada (mind you, I ordered it without cheese and gave half the tortilla to my husband) while she could barely touch her massive burrito. After THAT lovely visit, I swore I’d never make people feel as guilty around food as they made me feel. I hope my coworker doesn’t think I’m trying to be virtuous or preachy!! I suppose I need to be more mindful of this in the future.
OK, here’s another vent. My lovely S&P 500 company has chosen a new health insurance provider who insists on spamming us with health information. They had the nerve to send me a 24 page Powerpoint presentation on exercise, because obesity was causing the health care premiums to rise and that hurt our company. Um, when is it their right to harass us about exercise? I was forced to take a survey for a reduced premium earlier in the year and I said I exercised 3-4 times a week. They told me I was at risk for obesity and heart disease because I was not exercising 60 minutes every day. Who do they think they are? No wonder I am obsessed with food and my weight. I’m being harassed by my own health insurance provider. Maybe they should comp our gym memberships and bring in onsite WW meetings?? Nah, that’d be too nice of them.
Anyway, sorry for the digression. Here’s my day:
Food Points
Coffeemate creamer with coffee 3
TJ’s light string cheese 1
TJ’s Fiberful bar (I found them and bought a case! Yes!) 1
1 Bowl of Tomato Basil Bisque 7
Pria Bar 2
3 large carrots 0
1 cup of salad w/ 2 Tbsp Trader Ming’s Ginger Sesame Dressing (so good) 1
Parmesan-crusted red snapper (made a mistake yesterday) 3
Balsamic roasted asparagus 0
Klondike Slim a Bear fudgesicle 1
1 Tbsp peanut butter 2
Totals 21
I ate 5 flex points last night. Had a bowl of strawberries and a Fiber One bar. Flex Point used: 5/30 remaining. Activity points earned: 4

No comments: