Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Doctor's Office Scale

I can’t go to bed without a diatribe on the scale at the Dr. office. Does anyone else live in fear of that extra bar that takes you instantly 50 lbs up? Oh my gosh…..total freakout this morning when we had to go to 150 for the first time in ages. Up until now, the 150’s had been a thing of the past and just a figment on my home digital scale. Possibly a rounding error! Or maybe just off kilter because they are inherently flawed and not tared? Yeah, well, that second bar really set me off. The lady weighing me tried to make me feel better by saying that it had to be way off because there was no way I was 151 lbs, but somehow her bewilderment only made me angrier. I suppose that was the impetus for my day, but I just had to mention it.
And now I shall stop my experiment to see why my blog is no longer on the active list. It was actually pretty good motivation for a while— must post every day so my name shows up on the home page. Then I don’t have to remember the name or web address to my blog. How lazy am I?!

No comments: