Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hostess With the Mostest

I found them. After weeks and weeks of scouring every grocery store known to man, I finally found the Hostess 100 calorie packs of cupcakes everyone has been raving about. I’m not sure why California isn’t fully stocked with this low cal wonder, but at least now I know where to go. Thank you, Albertsons! At least you are good for ONE type of shopping trip.
I’ve only tried the yellow cake, and it was only so-so. I probably shouldn’t have had anything tonight, but as I was pumping gas, I looked into the car and my darling husband was munching away on my Hostess cupcakes with a sick grin on his face. Naturally, I confiscated what was left of his pack and ate it for myself. I’ve been waiting for these for ages– how dare he eat one of mine, and first, no less!
Had an okay day today. Ate 1/2 of my points by the time we left today for our day of mixed use sightseeing. I’m trying to look at proven developments so I can get a sense of placemaking and different mixes of uses….hoping some of it wil be useful to my job. So today we hit Victoria Gardens out in Rancho Cucamonga, a result of a $300 million public-private partnership between the City and Forest City Enterprises. Very well done, I might add. They developed several “main street” type thoroughfaires lined with quality retail and including several gathering areas that were bustling with music and activity. I loved it! We had lunch at King’s Fish House, which was very health-friendly. I ordered grilled shrimp and scallops with steamed veggies and sauteed spinach. SO yummy. Have no idea what the points are, though, so I’m not journaling today. I figure I start over with flex points tomorrow and had 30 left over for the week, so there’s no way I could go over today with the meal I chose. (Unless it’s like the evil Macaroni Grill, who somehow turn an innocuous grilled scallop salad into 3 Happy Meals) As an aside, I e-mailed them tonight and inquired as to the caloric content of my meal. Let’s see how good their customer service is!
You know, I had some candy, too. I sent my husband to the candy store so I could shop in peace, but that only caused trouble on the car ride home. I ate a few peach gummy things, a black licorice wheel, a dark chocolate turtle, and 2 strips of sour tape. And it was good.
Tomorrow, I’m going to hope and pray that I get up in time to go to my very first yoga class. Everybody tells me I need to relax and get rid of stress, and yoga is usually the next thing out of their mouth. I’ve never been, because frankly, bending into weird shapes and breathing deeply for an hour is not my idea of a good time. I hate admitting that I have done a position called the “downward facing dog,” and I am SO NOT FLEXIBLE. It’s embarassing, really. That’s why I like spinning. Nobody cares about my lack of flexibility, there’s yelling, sweat, hard-pumping music, and I love it. BUT, yoga keeps coming up in conversations. Improving core strength, which will help with my knee issues and my back pain. And the whole stress thing, too. So, fingers crossed that I overcome my fear of yoga and get my booty to the gym at 9:30 am tomorrow morning!

No comments: