Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Golden Spoon = Yummy Goodness

Another good day! Well, the evening is young and I still have some urge fighting to do, but I still feel happy about pretty much everything I ate today. My first day without a 100-calorie pack or fiber bar in a long, long time. To top all this off, I started my day with the first downward scale movement I’ve seen in months — 1 whole pound! Granted, I am almost certain this is water, but it is still a triumph for me. It marks my one-month anniversary of spinning classes twice a week (diet AND exercise combined did not help my weight loss cause for some reason), and finally gives me a little assurance that I might be doing something right. I was a Weight Watchers ACE last year at this time. Surely a year of age hasn’t messed with my metabolism so much that going back to the basics won’t make a difference.
OK, done rambling and feeling sorry for myself. I packed my lunch again today, and when my husband called and asked if I wanted to go out with him, I said sure! and stashed my deli wrap into my purse….and away we went. It helps to choose a restaurant with outdoor tables and limited service. Then I don’t feel so guilty when I don’t order and just nosh on my tortilla. So yet again, I was able to have lunch out without the guilt, bloat, sodium, fat, and horror of the unknown nutritional information of restaurants. I did splurge after lunch and have a 3-point Golden Spoon frozen yogurt- 1/2 pistachio, 1/2 cake batter. Mmmm!! For those of you in the Midwest or the East coast who are doing without, imagine Coldstone, but with fat free frozen yogurt that comes in a million different sizes and fat free flavors. It’s a controlled dieters dream. I was just a little over the Coldstone sinless sweet cream, let me tell you.
So, that was the day. Came home and instead of going to the gym, hubby and I clipped our cat’s toenails. Scruffing him is worth an activity point! So now, we are pulling out the free weights and doing our ab routine…..and I’ll be doing my PT on my knee, since I’m starting to feel the workouts getting to it. Tomorrow is spin class with the instructor that does the full body workouts– can’t wait!
I made a little bowl of Barilla Plus pasta tonight, with a side salad and some balsamic vinegar-roasted asparagus. I really outdid myself on this asparagus. Little balsamic, little salt, little pepper….I could have eaten pounds of the stuff. It was like candy. My pasta and salad weren’t so good, but I am definitely full.
Now all I need is the strength to abstain from the evening munchies. So the challenge begins….. Behold, the daily journal:
Food Points
Coffeemate creamer with coffee 3
Banana (small) 1
Small apple 2
1/2 of Hershey 100-calorie chocolate covered pretzel 1
La Tortilla Factory wrap with 2 ounces light turkey and 1 slice light cheese 3
Small Golden Spoon frozen yogurt 3
1 1/2 cups of lettuce with sprinkle of slivered almonds and 1 tbsp dressing 2
1.5 cups Barilla pasta and 1/4 cup marinara sauce 5
Balsamic roasted asparagus 0
1 Thomas Lite English Muffin w/ ICBINB spray 1

Totals 21
No flexies eaten today, no activity points earned. (although we could argue about that one!)
Edit: 10:30pm
I didn’t make it through the night. Ate a tablespoon of peanut butter and a 100 calorie chocolate pretzel. Flex points: 10 used/25 remaining. UGH!!!

No comments: