Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'm Around, Just Lazy and Piggy

I didn't track points today. There, it's out. I ate a Thai dish today that was rice noodles, chicken, sprouts, and lettuce.....it was sauteed in a wok, so I know it wasn't good for me.



Enough about food.



I have a PT appointment finally! Just in time, as the knee is back to it's bad old ways and I have had to stop running. Yesterday, hubby and I took the bike for a spin, since the horrible bike shop wouldn't take it back and I needed to keep getting used to it. Unfortunately, the knee hates hills on bikes, too. So today I hit the pool and did my 3 500-meter time trials. To give the knee a break, I did one TT with my pull buoy, which ended up being a full minute FASTER than the ones I did kicking! Go figure. Anyway, still had some pain this evening, but at least it's not going to do more damage.


So with the fresh injury but my new appointment with the physical therapist, what did I do? Why, I signed up for another race!!! Triathlon #1 is now the Santa Barbara Super Sprint on the 25th (edited-- NOT racing on a Tuesday!) of August......500 meter swim, 6 mile bike, 2 mile run--- a cake walk! In fact, even with the knee injury, I could do it now and do it easily. So I'm psyched. If I have to walk the run, I walk the run, right? At least I'll be getting some of these jitters out of the way before the Pacific Coast in September. THAT is my big kahuna.



Tomorrow is another open ocean swim. I'm not so scared anymore, although stupid me found a Great White Shark website that lists shark sightings on the Pacific Coasts, and already this year a few fins have popped up around the beach where I swim. Ugh. At least there are no real attacks in the past 50 years in Orange County. (Must keep telling myself this) Hopefully surfers are tastier.



OH! I forgot. Wanted to add a picture of the plane on Saturday. I'm still proud of myself for that one. Have to include my proof:

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I hope your knee heals soon AND fast!!! August 28th is a Tuesday.... but it's at the end of August and your BIG one is September 8th, right?? The August one will be a good trial for the big one! I admire you and all of your dedication! You ROCK!!!

dizzydazey said...

Amanda's right, you do rock! I'm so super psyched for you!!

I hope your knee gets better soon! You're such an inspiration to all of us - even with this injury you're still kicking booty!

You Go Girl! ;o)

Unknown said...

You rock girl! I'll be thinking awesome thoughts for you during that Santa Barbara race!!! You will have to have our hubby take some pics to show us.

Hopefully the doc can shed some light for you on that knee...they are pesky things that is for sure! You amaze me chica!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the knee is still giving you fits! Hopefully, the PT will help!!
-Chris

BTW - Discovery CHannel is doing shark week this week and it is flipping me out a little bit!