Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Activity Points

So, everyone asked if I eat activity points. The answer is yes!! But how I calculate them is a little different from the WW method.

First, I think the slider thing is a little weird. I mean, I sweat when I exercise-- does that mean I work out "hard" every time? I just don't buy it. So I go to Sparkpeople.com and plug in my cardio to their database, and it tells me how many calories I probably burned. I can put stuff in like "10 minutes of running at 10-minute mile pace," or "spin class" and it'll spit out the right amount of calories, since I've got my weight in there. So if I burn 800 calories during an hour-long workout, I give myself 1 point for every 100 calories. I'd like to say I don't EAT all of them, but most of the time I'm starving and I do.

So there. I eat activity points. I gain weight. I don't eat activity points. I gain weight. What the ????

OK, I already said I was over this, so I'll stop. Am taking another progress photo in exactly one week, and will stop and see if there's a difference after 2 weeks. DH thinks the belly fat is harder to pinch (so kind he is to pinch the chub), so at least that's encouraging.

Time for bed!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Looking forward to seeing those pictures!! I may have to check out spark people. Sounds like an interesting site.

dizzydazey said...

I like sparkpeople, too.

I betcha look awesome! It's hard work I know, but you're doing so good!

Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

i do the same thing on sparkpeople! question tho, since you use a heart rate monitor (probably) and I still havent gotten around to getting one...are the calorie burnt numbers pretty accurate or are they a little off? I've always wondered!

WeightBGone said...

I never knew about sparkpeople I will have to check it out. Thanks for posting the site. Have a great day. :)

Unknown said...

hey, thanks for the tip on AP...thats what I'm gonna do from now on b/c I think its one of the reasons I lose slowly is cuz i dont get enough points? bizzare! oo how did you add google reader feed to your blogger? its so helpful!