Friday, July 6, 2007

Tri Talk and Other Fun Stuff

Not so sure what to think of all the strange blogs on Weightwatchen these days!!! I have to admit, I miss the way things were....and I do miss our little group here on Blogspot. It was too good to be true having all my favorite blogs show up on the same server. ;)

Can't say that I have much to add over here, though. Tri training is a blast and I'm finding that my body is feeling better and better as the weeks go on. I was afraid that my knee would act up over all of this -- and it still might -- but it is responding very well to all the exercise. I took some "before" pictures on Wednesday, and I think I will take them every 2 weeks or so in the same embarassing outfit so that I can use them for comparison purposes. My hubby took them and laughed the whole time, saying it looked like a mug shot with sports bra and spandex!! He's so supportive! Anyway, I'm a little afraid to post them at this point. I think I might black out my head. You know, in case they get circulated around the internet and I plan to run for office one day. ;) We shall see.....if I am phenomenally successful in changing my body over the next 10 weeks, then perhaps I'll feel better about posting my photos on the internet. I know this, though. My size 6 shorts are tight, and this is not a good thing!

Got some great news yesterday about my husband. He has an interview for an airline, finally! If he gets the job, he'll be in training during my high school reunion AND triathlon. Go figure.....he misses both triathlons I've done. Buy hey, I'll take it! I contacted my good friend from high school and we are going together-- I'm his designated driver. He is gay and not wanting to tell the world about his new boyfriend, and my hubby will be in training (hopefully-- fingers crossed and good thoughts, please!) --- perfect combo. Hubby is now totally comfortable with us driving down there together. Ha! And my parents have decided to fly out for the triathlon, so I am jazzed. Last time, my mom arrived just after I crossed the finish line, so aside from internet results and writing all over my legs, there was no actual "proof" that I really did the race. I want to be seen this time around! Plus, it's such a cool venue. Have I ever posted the link? Well, here it is:

http://www.pacificcoasttriathlon.com/

So, there it is in all its glory. The scenery is just to-die for. So hopefully I won't die. ;)

Well, that's all there is, until I report the eating on Weightwatchen.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'll be cheering you on, even though I won't be there! I can't wait to hear/see your results. Pooh for your DH laughing at your pictures! I think it's a great idea. I will think positive thoughts for your DH and the job.

Healthygirl said...

Your triathalon looks fun. I did a marathon earlier this year but I think tri's are more well rounded. I am from the WW blogs also but have decided to stay with blogger. If you sign up for blogger reader, you really don't notice the difference. I read all the blogs I like and don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Unknown said...

OH i know what you mean, the new blogs on weightwatchen are a little overwhelming! I officially switched over there yesterday but I'm still retaining my blogger account! Haha and I was thinking the same thing abt blacking out my head and I was wondering if I was being paranoid but I'm so glad you think theres some sense to it too!!! I'll be cheering you on in spirit for your tri...your commitment is so inspiring!! (dont stress about your size 6 jeans...no way are you getting unhealthier w/ all your doing and thats what counts...right?)