Sunday, July 8, 2007

I Miss You Girls!

It's so lonely over on Weight Watchen right now.....there was a time when I had more comments than posts. Those days are definitely gone--- I feel a little uninspired to post right about now. ;)

I think this group over here has been on WW a little longer have gotten over the fact that this is a lifestyle that we must maintain for as long as we want to stay on the healthy side of life. I do remember the days of starting out, but for me, the stories of all you ladies who are getting closer and closer to goal or are struggling to maintain are really what keep me going.

Has anybody's eating habits changed over the course of their time on WW? For me, I've started seeing my 22 points as not a whole lot of food. Instead of grabbing a few 100 calorie packs and still being hungry, I now think about how to best use my allotted points to hold off hunger and give me the fuel that I need to keep on throughout the day. 3 points on nuts used to freak me out, but if it stops me from eating 6 on junk halfway through the day, I consider it a bargain! I've also gotten totally programmed when eating out to select the best items on the menu.....I just don't order pizzas or sandwiches or big salads anymore. I don't miss them, either! (I have caught on to the salad curse--- these restaurants put 12 points worth of toppings on them and then douse them in 8 points of dressing--- voila! the whole day is ruined!)

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know I appreciate your comments and enjoy reading your blogs. Will search you out over on the "other side," even though I can't quite seem to make my page look aesthetically pleasing. ;)

With that, it's time for my pool workout!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

NO no! dont be discouraged...it'll all come together eventually (the blogs I mean)...its true tho, I feel like I spend more time understanding whos story is who rather than just getting support and reading blogs cuz theres so many new blogs! but I'm here and I'm still reading if that helps any at all!

Unknown said...

I'm a newbie to WW so I guess I have no room commenting but I'm saying so anyway (lol) that my eating habits have changed over the course of the last 7 weeks...I can't keep fast food down anymore like i used to and I'm always sniffing around for the best bang for me buck--i.e. what'll fill me up like whole grains and such for the lowest points!!!

Amanda said...

I will read your blog and comment wherever it is at...be it here or weight watchen or both! I think I am going to stay here though...

YES!!! My eating habits have changed tremendously since the very first time I started. Back then, we ate a LOT of Tuna Helper, Chicken Helper...that kind of thing. Now, I try to avoid boxed foods at all costs. Every once in a while we will have Schwan's Chicken Fries, but we haven't had a boxed meal in AGES. Now when I cook, I make everything from scratch (if I can) and we eat a lot of veggie sides with our meals. I've been doing core and I turn to fruits when I am hungry and I hope to continue to do that when I go back to points. I've also cut way back on eating out than what I did in the first WW days. Now, I would just rather make stuff at home when I know what's in it and I am 100% sure of the points. I try to eat to satisfy hunger and not just to eat b/c I have the points.

Unknown said...

oh girl, not offended at all! Seriously!! Sorry if it came off that way :)

Superjayman's Battle of the Bulge said...

The mountain shot was at Isabella lake in the Indian Peaks wilderness, west-northwest of Boulder, CO....my eating habits have definitely changed...I used to looooove McDonald's french fries and now I eat a few and they don't taste good anymore. And their cheeseburgers are great either--ever bit into them and get something hard between your teeth....GROSS!!!

I read your blog...and right now I am posting on both but I like the looks of Blogger better than WW. I don't think I will keep posting on both, so I need to make a decision soon on which one I like better---love the fact that it's so easy to post pics on Blogger!!!

Catch ya later!

dizzydazey said...

After being wishy washy and not being able to make up my mind where I was going to call my blog home, I've decided to stay here. But I'll keep following your blog wherever you decide to go because you're an inspiration to me!!

WeightBGone said...

My eating habits and my ways of preparing food have totally changed. When I stay away from the junk food healthier foods taste better to me. Fruit has suddenly become very sweet tasting where it never did before. I am gonna stay here but I will keep up with your blog. Have a great week. :)

MMalloy said...

I will follow your blog here or there, although I am settled here and I think it is working out just fine for me. I use to depend on frozen and boxed meals to keep me sane, in the past couple months I have learned to enjoy and love the time I spend creating low point, satisfying meals that both the Fiance and I can enjoy!