Saturday, July 28, 2007

Open Water Rockstar


Woohoo!!! I'm back! I'm alive! Yes!!!
Can you tell I'm relieved? We had a blast this morning.....met up at 8am at the beach and started talking about how to approach the swim. We learned about the stingray shuffle, dolphin dives, and sighting the buoys, then played around in the surf getting used to the waves. We also practised repeating our self-affirming mantras. I know mine should have been "I am Triathlon Barbie. I am strong and lean!" But mine was "I'm a rockstar. I'm a seal!" (Yeah, who would have thought?) So, I stayed on course, forgot about the fact that the shore was a good 1/8th mile out, and just did my thing. And I loved it!!!
Anyway, there's the two minute update. Now I need to freshen up and get ready for my first flight with DH in a Cessna 172. It's his last day on the payroll at his flight school, and he desperately wants to take me up flying for the first time to show me what he can do. I feel like I really need to do this, even though I'm scared to death.
Wish me luck again!
(Oh, and thanks for the good knee thoughts....the treadmill helped a TON last night and loosened up my quad muscles-- seemed to give my knee a break and let it get into a better position. So, going slow this week, but still proceeding as planned!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew you could do it!! You rock whether you are Triathlon Barbie or a seal! Congrats girlie...I'm so proud of you. Have fun flying with your DH!

Unknown said...

There is no law against having a few Barbie egos - read Swizzles page - you could be Triathalon, Rockstar, heck even Seal Barbie if you want as long as you remember how fabulous you are!!! I am always amazed when I read of your stamina..........WOW!! Have fun flying!!!

WeightBGone said...

What a great job you are doing I am so proud of you. You are all those Barbies and even more. Keep up the good work.

Jynell said...

That's AWESOME!!! I knew you could do it!!! Congrats on conquering your fears!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I know that open water swim was scary, but nothing can hold you back! You are the triathalon queen!!!
-Chris