Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sometimes there aren't enough points in the day

Ever have those days when you blow through points and then want to just go right to sleep because there's no way in hell you'll ever overcome the urge to eat when you get home?

Oh yeah, that would be me. I have 6 points left tonight, and I know my ravenous self is going to down far more than that in the next few hours. I can't help it! It really stinks to be a woman. Why can't I be my husband, with his lightening fast metabolism and constant cravings for things like cereal, bagels, burritos, and egg McMuffins? I'd be fat, but I'd be constant!

I'm just sitting here icing my loser of a knee, dreading the morning and hoping against hope that it's just angry and not blown. Am contemplating calling the doctor and getting back into physical therapy, as those people are miracle workers and perhaps they can keep me going through the triathlon? I ordered that icey gel stuff you guys recommend, so just waiting for it to arrive.

Tomorrow is our first open water swim, but we'll be at a Lake. I'm kind of excited, but this just means we are getting closer and closer to getting in the ocean. There was a swim clinic tonight down at the beach that I almost had to be a paddler for (someone who goes out with the swimmers and follows on a paddle to make them feel safer), but thankfully they didn't need me.... Anyway, I'm so scared of the ocean swim! To top it all off, there's this thing happening right now called the "grunion run?" I guess it's just a gazillion little fish that swim to shore every night. Ew! I'm a mammalcentric person and have no love for fish. I can swim in jellyfish, but anything called a "grunion" is something I can live without. Wish it'd just get over with.

To top out all this angst (knee, open water swim, hunger), I'm a wreck about my hubby's upcoming airline interview. We've waited for 3 years and been through tons of training for this very moment. I hope they like him!!! Man, I'm just a wreck. Can't sleep at night, nervous stomach.... Gee, no wonder I eat all my points.

Food log is over on Weightwatchen. Am trying to be responsible and diet-wise over there, but I'm sure I'll get kicked out when they realize I just can't seem to lose weight anymore. ;) Just kidding! I think Roni has created a really great site over there and people seem to be doing well......but I will try to keep updating this with other content as well.

6 comments:

Superjayman's Battle of the Bulge said...

I know exactly what you mean when you end up with very few points at dinnertime and KNOW you will go over for the day. My brother's girlfriend (who was here just 1 1/2 weeks ago) can eat whatever and it really ticks me off that my metabolism can't handle it----it's JUST NOT FAIR!!!!

I'm curious what your hubby will do for the airlines---pilot, maintainance or what? Just asking since I am on the other end of it --Air traffic controller.

Best of luck in that dept.

Amanda said...

I know how you feel. My sister eats big macs and fries all the time and doesn't gain a thing. Why can't I have that!?!?!?!

You will do fine in the ocean swim. I have to hand it to you though...I couldn't do it! I only go to about my knees b/c I am scare to death of the critters in there! I don't want to feel any of them on me or anything. I freak out with seaweed!

Good luck on your DH interview!!! Please let us know how it goes!!

Sarah in AZ said...

I am with Amanda, I can't even swim in a lake for fear of touching seaweed or better yet a fish! You kick butt!
Sorry you are so banged up, I hope your knee gets some relief.
Wish the hubby good luck on everything, we are going through the same issue here--hubby left 13 yr at company, was miserable and doing a career change. Best of luck with all of it! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I share the ocean fear - you know that mindset of: "Ummm, don't I become part of the food chain when I'm out here?"

I sure hope you can get some knee relief! Maybe PT along with your training would help.

Keep us posted!
-Chris

dizzydazey said...

Are you eating your AP's? I bet you're getting a ton with all of that exercise you do!

I hope your knee gets well soon & thanks for all the advice & support!

Colette said...

Good luck to your hubby and I hope your knee gets better. Just take it slow and dont do anything to make it worse!!

I agree with Dizzy...eat those AP points if you can. It will help you in the long run with losing!!