Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Today = Bleh

I HATE that TOM. Hate it, hate it, hate it. It's even worse without the pill to calm it's effects, but what would I prefer--- cramps or fevers? I'll take the damn cramps.

Anyway, I took the bike for a spin tonight with my new cyclocomputer. I ended up stopping constantly to try to figure out how to get the damn thing out of km/hr. I mean, what am I going to do with that?! Also tried out my brand new triathlon shorts. Girls, these things are AWESOME!! By Pearl Izumi....they magically lift your rear and separate your thighs. It's the best illusion ever and if I could wear them everywhere I would. Somehow they make me feel better about my poochy belly. Anyhoo, the bike ride. Bleh. I had no idea how far I went, and ended up turning around and coming home because the daylight hours were fast disappearing and I still had to get in a run in mountain lion territory. (I know, silly me, but someone was eaten less than a mile from my running path a few years back and they do come out at dusk)

On my way up to my place to put my bike away, I saw my first tarantula! I have to say, it was kind of cute and I really wanted to help him across the road. DH wanted me to go back and get it so we could have a pet, but I don't think so. Don't they eat mice and stuff? I can't keep an insect. I'm mammalcentric.

Anyway, slooooowww transition at my place, as I had to tell DH how pissed I was about the bike's breaks. (Last mile or so, the front brake was touching the rim-- what gives??) Swapped out my gear, then headed out on a run. Instantly felt like crap, but was determined to get at least 15 minutes in.....

Well, I did them, but I was whooped. Went from 5 min run/1 min walk to 4 min run/1 min walk to 2 min run/1 min walk. Totally, totally drained and not anywhere near as strong as I normally am. I did the calculations from mapmyrun and it looks like I did 1.8 miles in 17 minutes, but boy was it a struggle.

So, that was my night. Cramps. Back pain. Pissed off at the world. Hating myself. (Pooch hangs over EVERYTHING!!!! And I'm starting to not like how I look in photos again...got the double chin back) HATE LIFE. I guess it's contagious around here these days. We're all in a funk, it seems. I'd respond, but we keep losing power here and I've already tried to write Colette twice!! Anyway, I'm reading....just not responding because I'm lazy and tired.

I'm not even going to tell you what I ate today. (It's not like it was bad. There was just a lot)

Hopefully tomorrow is happier. PLEASE. I need a happy pill.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you are in such a funk. Chalk it up to TOM - he is evil evil evil. Known to make pouches and chin reappear...its kinda like those mirages. They are only there in our imagination. Keep your chin up...you are doing awesome with both food and excercise!!!

Colette said...

ahh, sorry you was a bad day too. I have to say today does seem better and much brighter. Thanks for the thoughts! I am with ya about the TOM, I was on the pill forever and NEVER had cramps, heavy flow or PMS..But when I got off to get PG OMG I wanted to die!! it was horrible having a period all natural!! 2 kids later the best thing I did was get a hysto last year...no more periods, no more pain...b/f says I still get PMS...wtf?????? LOL. Life does gets better!! {{HUGS}}

BB said...

Those darn cramps can be horrible...mine got worse as I got older. (Sorry for that bad news) Thank goodness for the partial hysto--still PMS, but that's all. You know my ex's name is TOM--seems appropriate-LOL! Hope you feel much better soon. I'm sure it's just one of those days :)