Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Thoughts on the Southwest Chicken Salad.....

Colette, I hate to disappoint, but I only made it halfway through my McDonald's grilled chicken Southwestern Salad before I threw it out! Bleh. :) Although the dressing was tasty, I absolutely hate cilantro, and there was too much of it in the corn and beans to make the salad palatable. Add that to the reconstituted chicken breast, and I was nauseous within a few bites. Hey, at least I tried! I ended up with a fruit and yogurt parfait to go. Part of me wanted to go ask for extra dressing and send it to the Colette recipe-creating fund, but I decided that perhaps we are not on those terms quite yet. Ha!

It's T minus 3.5 hours before I leave for my open ocean swim. Stomach is in knots, even though I did it on Saturday, so who knows--- it's so tempting to just take my sick hours and catch up on some z's. Might still do it? Anyway, thought I'd crank out a post here since I might be a little busy the next few days.....

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm hoping to try that salad today. I hope I am not disappointed. I love cilantro so that all sounds yummy to me!

Good luck on the swim...I know you will do fine!!

Colette said...

Awwwwww I am so sorry you didn't like it! And like I tell my kids at least you tried it!! Good Girl!! LMAO
And yes I am definately addicted to that dressing. I made me a beef quesadilla last night with some and it was yummy...but I still think the chicken one I made the night before was much better.
Good luck on the swim!