Friday, August 3, 2007

Dontcha Wish Your PT was HOT Like Mine

Just kidding! Seriously girls, I must have been smoking something yesterday, because after session #2 today he may as well be the DEVIL!!! Yeah, you guessed it. I'm sitting here with my kneecap all taped to the side again and now my left knee hurts. Geesh, when does it end?! This is torture, and I have 3 more sessions on the book for next week. I better be good as new after all of this.

So, McTherapist actually isn't as cute as the one I had back in DC. Now, HE was hot stuff. I think hubby has this McTherapist beat, but he can retain the McTherapist title for now because he's certainly okay to look at. As for photos, I need to protect his identity, so you're going to just have to wait on that one. ;)

Today is day #3 this week with no exercise, and I feel like crud. I didn't really have time, though, and now that I'm all taped up I can't really do much of anything except cry. I'm going to try to go to a spin class tomorrow morning and just do an easy hour with light resistance.....will have to explain to the teacher beforehand so she doesn't scream at me the whole time and think I'm a pansy. Really, I'd love to crank it out with you guys, but I'm seriously under orders to take it easy.

I feel my lovely stamina slipping away with all this rest, though. I mean, it's not like my run is going to get much worse-- it's about as stinky as it can get at this point. I absolutely cannot sustain a pace under 9 minutes and 30 seconds a mile for 3 miles, so I'm officially not competitive at the sprint triathlon level. I'm going to have to hit Olympic distance in order to become competitive, and even then, I'm pretty flippin' slow! Ugh.

Alrighty, done feeling sorry for myself. Going to have fat free frozen yogurt with the hubby tonight. I heart Golden Spoon!

4 comments:

Colette said...

Awww girl..I feel for you! Its sucks having an injury! But hell at least you got nice eye candy!!!

Don't think about losing your stamina...you will do fine!!

Take care of yourself and have a good weekend!!

Colette said...

Oh I LOVE the title of your blog too!!!

wanna hear something funny...I read your title as " Dontcha wish your PT ( POINT) was Hot like Mine...and I was thinking what the hell is she talking about???? LMAO...DUHHHHH I finally figured it out..PT (physical Therapist)...Gawd I am such a blonde now days!! LOL

Unknown said...

Awwww shucks! That is no fun. It will get better though...you just have to go with it. Take it easy at the spin class...don't forget your padded shorts. Otherwise both your knee and your arse would be hurting...not a good combo at all.

Amanda said...

I admire you for even thinking about going to a spin class! All your dedication will soon pay off. You will do it and you will be fine! :)