Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Countdown Begins.....

So, I want to start by thanking everyone for the reunion pic compliments. What a boost after eating all that crap this weekend! I may not be a size zero, but at least I showed up several sizes smaller than I was in high school. That was the goal.



Back to the countdown!



I will do my first California triathlon next Sunday! That's 12 days away. Mind you, I haven't ran in 3 weeks, but I'm going to do this one if it kills me. It's a Super Sprint and a women's race, so these are all positive things. I believe it's only 500 yard swim, 6 mile bike, and 2 mile run......the distance we'll be doing for our mock triathlon this coming Sunday. I'd ideally like to peak in time for my September race, but I trust Coach knows how to get us there. Based on my "average" times, it's looking like without transitions, my swim will be at 10 minutes, the bike will be 24 minutes, and the run 18 - 20 minutes. The transitions will unfortunately put me over the 1 hour mark, but at least it'll be flat.



Went on a ride today by my house. I almost didn't make it, as my cheap Target bike pump wouldn't inflate my tire! Hubby claims it's all user error, but what does he know being so far away? (I make him sound horrible, but he really is a great guy--- I have a big head--- I like it when he challenges me, even if it's annoying) Anyways, I decided to ride on somewhat inflated tires and headed out. Hill repeats--- 2 miles up, 2 miles down--- 3 times. I did fine the first time, hated life on the 2nd, and then did pretty well on the third before feeling nauseous and wanting to lay down in the middle of the trail. I don't know if I was dying because of the heat or because I overdid it (shaved 6 minutes off my time a month ago....but that could be attributable to the road bike), but I pushed it a bit much today.



I said this on my other blog, but no knee pain today! Woohoo!!! This is just fantastic news....and it couldn't come soon enough. I have one session tomorrow morning, and then hopefully I'll be up and running-- literally!



So, that's the scoop. Have tried to catch up on everyones' blogs tonight, but I may still be behind. I'm working on it. Good night.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Let the countdown begin! You will do great, I know you will. You have trained so hard!! I'm so happy that you have no knee pain. That's great. You will be running again soon!!

Unknown said...

YEAH!! THat is so exciting about your first race!! I can't wait to hear all about it...heck if you were closer I would go cheer you on.

Iay Iay coach...I'll get to that 5k training this afternoon at the gym...its too hot to be outside today. I haven't ran since last wednesday so it will be a tough one!!

MMalloy said...

I can't wait to hear how the first race goes! You are doing so great. Glad to hear the knee pain is gone, you have worked to hard to let that keep you from running!!

Unknown said...

WOW - you are awesome! I can't wait to hear about the race......take plenty of pictures too!

WeightBGone said...

You amaze me with all your stamina. I know you will do fantastic at the race!!