Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Brick House

I'm a brick......house. Literally! I didn't find a dress for my reunion, so I was planning on wearing the dress I wore to a friend's wedding last year and to my company's annual meeting in June. Really nice, timeless black and white strapless dress with a cute belt. Anyway, I wore it June 13th of this year and it fit perfectly. Last night? COULDN'T ZIP IT UP! Mind you, no change in weight over the past 2 months, but I have been training like crazy. I'm going to be wearing a size 40B bra before you know it if I keep going on at this rate. I was totally distraught last night. Hubby was like, "you can't build muscle this fast, though!' Thanks, babe. But my boobs have shrunk-- how could it be fat?

At this point, I'm thinking the culprit is the swimming. I did think Coach was joking when she said welcome to the world of bra sizes that make absolutely no sense at all. It just means I'm going to be a size 12 on top and a size 6 on bottom--- how weird is that? The waist zips up great, but the boob area-- that is totally tight. Why can't I be long and lean and small?? Why can't I be perfect? Ugh. I swear, this was just a disappointing finding. Now I need to find a dress in 3 days, but it'll probably look like garbage because I can't find anything for my mutated body shape.

Well, I should get back to work. Was feeling cranky and decided to post about the dress, as I'm kind of traumatized. I thought I was out of size 12's! Good grief......

Tonight is Diva practice at the beach, so I'm looking forward to getting a nice swim and walk out of the way. McTherapist started in on the left knee today, so it's taped up with the right one and getting the royal treatment. I'm making good progress in rebuilding my inner thigh strength, and I'm getting to the point where my right knee is working like it ought to! Only the left knee causes pain, but it's just the nagging, constant ache as opposed to the "holy crap, this is killing me!" shooting pain I'd get from the right one when I was going up and down stairs. Woohoo! No idea on a timeline for my recovery, but I think he may let me run next week. Hope so...that'd be 3 weeks of no running, and my race is in 2 weeks. It scares me to think that my 9 min 52 second miles will get any slower! (Seriously, they are slow as molasses in the sprint world)

Argh.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I never would have thought that you would need to go UP a size!! How odd is that. I know it's frustrating, but at least you didn't wait until Saturday to try on the dress. You will find something, I know you will. You have to post pictures!! We want to see you in all your hotness b/c I know you will look SMOKIN!!! All this training will pay off. :)

Colette said...

Amanda is right...you will find something and it will look hotter than that black number!!

You are totally a "Knockout Barbie" and I would not be suprised if you came back and said "They had some jealous biotches staring at me...pfffft" *rolls eyes...LMAO

Your gonna look great ...you'll see. And yes snap a pic so we can see how wonderful you look.

hugs...

Superjayman's Battle of the Bulge said...

The girls are right....you will find something to fit that awesome body you have now!!! I know it can be frustrating but go look at the before and after pix you have posted and give yourself a big high five.

dizzydazey said...

{{hugs!}} That's gotta be frustrating, but you know with all of your training that it's gotta be muscle. Sometimes hubs say the absolute wrong thing. Good thing we know that they're completely brainless sometimes! :o)

I just know you're going to find something totally hot that's gonna show of those awesome arms!

Unknown said...

All I can say it DITTO! The girls already summed it all up! I can't wait to hear about what you found!

Anonymous said...

{{{HUGS}}} Just keep in mind that thin and healthy don't always mean the same thing! You are bigger on top because of all that fabulous healthy muscle you are adding!! Maybe look for dresses in a different shape --- you probably just need to relearn the right styles for your new smokin' athletic body!
-Chris

BTW, don't know how you feel about Yoga, but it can help lengthen your muscles...you might look into it after your big race!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add -- that wasn;t me on the message board the other day, but maybe I should contact them! ;)

WeightBGone said...

You will find something great and looks absolutely smokin!!

Have lots of fun at the reunion and leave them with their jaws open at how beautiful you are!!