Thursday, August 2, 2007

McTherapist

And you wonder why I love physical therapy so much? Just get a 'scrip and head on down and you will know exactly why. I heart PTs. Why must they be so cute?

Yeah, I'm married, but I can have a McDreamy, too.

So, I'm sitting here with my patella taped to the inside of my leg. It aches, but we're trying to loosen up the stuff that's holding it to the outside of my leg. I had more electrodes hooked up to me today than I've ever had, and boy, I felt like Suzanne Sommers with all the inner thigh strength-building we did....but you know what? McTherapist said that when I finish my race in a few weeks, I'll have to send him a race photo that he can hang on his wall! YES!!!! No, not the photo part, but the implication that I'd be finishing the race. He says I'm going to be running soon and good as new. I hope he's right. I did catch it early, so we're doing 3 sessions a week to get the inflammation down and work on strengthening my inner quad muscles.

Woohoo! I'm taking the day off, as 3 days in a row of swimming will give me sore shoulders and I'm not cleared for anything else....but I get to partake in the bike ride on Sunday, so I'm psyched.

At any rate, must go take the hubby grocery shopping now. We need fruits and veggies BAD....we've been too lazy to do a real shop for almost 2 weeks now--- I feel like we're back in college!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

McDreamy huh!!?! That is sweet. Maybe you need a picture of him?!!? Strickely for motivation and training purposes of course!! Just teasing!!! I am so stoked for you that you WILL be racing on that knee!!! YEAH!!

Erin you crack me up! We will see about "packing" my racing schedule. I'll have to do some research...but I do know that there is at least one other 5K in September at the zoo. Which might be kind of fun!!

Amanda said...

I think we need a picture of McTherapist!! I am sooo glad he gave you a good report!!! You are such an inspiration to me. I admire all your dedication!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm - McTherapist, eh?? THat sure can't hurt to have nice scenery! Glad to hear the knee isn't too bad...take care and keep us posted!
-Chris

dizzydazey said...

I'm soo glad to hear that you'll be up and running again soon!

From what I hear, therapy can be hard work and I bet your McDreamy makes for a nice reward! :o)