Sunday, August 12, 2007

And they were ALL still beautiful.....

So, somewhere deep in my heart I was hoping that those popular girls would be all old, fat, and ugly after 10 long years. That they'd pop out babies, eat bon bons, and get wrinkles all over while giving up on themselves. That somehow, I'd be a little more impressive in comparison....

How cruel is it that they are even thinner and look even BETTER than they did in high school? I hate them!!!

OK, done with my rant. Am back from the reunion, but still in Colorado. All in all, I guess I'm glad I went to say that I did it, but it was forgettable. We were at a nightclub in downtown Denver, and when it got dark, you couldn't see peoples' faces anymore! (It was hard enough to identify them as is) Within 1/2 hour of the reunion starting, the cliques reformed and what I'd hoped would be a fun night of mingling turned into the "jocks," the "stoners," the "popular girls," the "cheerleaders," and the "band geeks." I was with the band geeks by default, as most were also smart kids, too! It was good to catch up, but I missed my hubby and realized that I don't have friends from high school....I did much better at college and in the real world.

Have only managed one workout in the two days I've been here-- did my swim workout yesterday at the rec center. I think the altitude and regular pool slowed me down. I'm about 10 seconds faster in California in a saltwater pool! (For my 500......I did 3 of them and they got slower as I went--- it was pathetic) I need to do a cycling/walk brick, but my parents have mountain bikes and don't even have water cages or cyclocomputers on them! I just feel woefully unprepared. Today, the Divas hit the bike trail for hill repeats followed by a half hour run--- I'm so bummed I missed it!

Edit: Here's the photo of my outfit!



I promise to catch up on posts on Tuesday!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Girl, you look HOT!!!!! Oh my, you look good! Sorry the reunion wasn't what you had hoped for. At least you had some fun and got to see your parents for the weekend. :)

Unknown said...

WOW!!! You are looking amazing!!! I love that outfit. Sorry the reunion wasn't all the great...but you did get to spend time with family so that is a plus! Have a safe trip back to Cali!

Anonymous said...

You look amazing! Forget the cliques and just concentrate on your life...they are the PAST!!! Keep up the good work and have a great week :)

Jynell said...

I love the outfit & you look FAB!!! Sorry you didn't have as much fun as you'd hoped... Great job on hitting the gym while you're away. Even if it didn't go as well as you'd liked, it's better than nothing! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

WeightBGone said...

You look beautiful!! Sorry the reunion wasnt what you expected. I've heard many people say the same about their reunions that it always ends up forming into cliques just like in high school.

At least you got to see family so that was a good thing. Hope your week goes well. :)

Unknown said...

So after your upset at being a brick house you have the nerve to post a picture of you looking stunning!! Just kidding - well not about the stunning part.......you were a hottie!! Hubby should have been sooooooooo proud to have you on his arm!!

Roni said...

LOL I thought the same thing at my reunion. My problem was I was preggo! so I couldn't even come close to what I wanted to look like plus I was super emotional and had morning sickness! Not a good experience. ;~)

But you.. You LOOK AWESOME!!

Superjayman's Battle of the Bulge said...

You look smokin' hot...you should be proud of what you've accomplished so far and what you are setting out to accomplish soon...I had the same reaction at my last reunion. Most of the "popular" group was still skinny and there I was just a few months after having my first (yikes!!!)