Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A brick.....did one, felt like one

Man, oh man. I don't know if it was the lack of water, the heat, or general ickiness, but I was just not feeling my workout tonight. The knees came out a little weary, I had a slow song stuck in my head, and I still wasn't having any blood rushing to my female region......and it went downhill from there.

I suppose I could digress and start from the beginning. The CAT wakes me up at 5am out of a sound sleep, throwing himself against the window and growling really loudly. Mind you, my darling kitty is the sweetest thing around and I've never heard him growl or hiss. So I bolt to the window, grab him, slam it shut, lock it, and then proceed to flip out for 10-15 minutes while listening for noises. (And watching him stare out the window, hair all poofed out and growling/gasping.....darling kitty has a touch of asthma!) I think it was an animal up on our deck, but who knows? Anyway, it kind of ruined my sleep.

So I got to work, and it's boring again. New boss is still transitioning and our company's merger is still hot and heavy on our minds, so things have slowed down tremendously. I've never been so bored......here's hoping it improves soon.

Go to bike shop (the good one!) and ask about a bike seat. Really nice guy tells me that girlie numbness is probably because my seat is pointed upright, and tells me to bring it in and he will fix it for me, free of charge. So after work, I grab my bike and head down to the shop. He puts it on the trainer, and sure enough, seat is slanted upward. With me riding on the low bars up front, he said I was just crushing my poor hoo-ha! Anyways, he adjusts my seat and off I go on my merry way. The objective today was 30 minutes of hill repeats, with an optional 10-15 minutes of running. So, I did my 2 sets of hill repeats in 29 minutes, then placed my bike in the car and took off on a run. I really wanted to go 7 minutes out, but my heart rate was RACING. Seriously, I was in the 190's, and during my track workout, my max heart rate was somewhere in the 19o's. So, this wasn't such a good thing. I struggled for five minutes to get it down, to no avail, the whole time thinking that the stupid song I listened to on the way to the trail probably wasn't the best for pumping me up on my run!!! (Hey There Delilah) Did I mention I hate running? I freaking HATE RUNNING! It tears apart my knees, I derive no pleasure from it at all, and almost all the time I feel like I'm going to die when I do it. These aquathons are sounding like a lot of fun right about now.

Moving on......

Suffice it to say my brick sucked. I did 1.17 miles in 11 minutes and 15 seconds, which is on course with my regular pace.....sadly, since it's all I could muster today. I keep asking myself how I can possibly entertain the idea of training for an Olympic distance triathlon next summer when a) I can barely run 3 miles as is, and b) I'm practically falling apart. What gives?

I'm sick of being husbandless, too. I never thought I'd be one of those codependent girls, but I am. He really helped out around the house, cleaning, taking out the trash, doing dishes, laundry, etc.... I'm having some trouble on my own here. Ugh!!!

Can it be that I've been Bitch Barbie 2 whole days in a row? When will it end? I'm out of chocolate. Ah!!!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Okay, I have to ask...what is a brick?? I've seen you mention it quite a few times. I think I have it figured out, but I am still questioning.

Sounds like you are having a hard time. Hang in there, things will get better!! DH will be home (hopefully soon??) and life can return to normal. You can be bitchy barbie as long as you want or need to!! That's what we're here for!

Amanda said...

Okay, I have to ask...what is a brick?? I've seen you mention it quite a few times. I think I have it figured out, but I am still questioning.

Sounds like you are having a hard time. Hang in there, things will get better!! DH will be home (hopefully soon??) and life can return to normal. You can be bitchy barbie as long as you want or need to!! That's what we're here for!

Unknown said...

Hey Barbie - bitch away girl!! You are freaking amazing.......I have no idea how you manage to exercise like that and I'm with Gym Barbie - what is a brick???

On the hubby front.........mine makes me insane (literally) but if I didn't have him I'd probably be worse off!! Funny how we don't realize what an extension of ourselves that our hubbies are!

Hang in there - you always pull through and come out in first place!