Monday, August 27, 2007

Anticlimactic Day

Wow, after the excitement of yesterday, today just paled in comparison. I flirted with the idea of working out after physical therapy tonight, but decided to enjoy my post-race break and to hang around the house. Plus, I got to see my race photos as they were released! I'd add it here, but they have a pretty nasty copyright infringement policy and I wouldn't want to get on their bad side....will add a photo from one of the other Divas later in the week.

So, the splits came in. Would you believe I was in the top 30 for the bike? Holy cow! I was impressed with that result. My swim took me a little longer to do than I was hoping....in the eleven minute range....but in retrospect I really didn't push myself too hard. It still placed me in the top 50 time-wise, so it really wasn't a bad swim compared to the rest of the racers. What stunk, though, was my mile. I did a sub 10-minute mile, but not sub many seconds!!! I guess now I know that my "limiter" is, and that means I can only improve. Time to put some miles on these legs and see if physical therapy really did make a difference.

I've been reading Ironman blogs lately. Tons of them. Mostly women who went from being overweight to being Ironman triathletes. Not only is it inspirational, but it's fun! I get lost for hours geeking out about it. I told myself on course yesterday that going longer distances was NOT fun and I should not do it, but a part of me is curious to see how far I can push myself. Next year, my goal is still to do an Olympic distance race.....but for now, I'm going to work on the sprints and see how my new hobby goes. I'm just happy I have such a cool hobby!

Well, that's about it from me for now. Will hopefully have more fun and excitement tomorrow to report, when I do 60 minutes of hill repeats on my bike followed by 20 minutes of running. Considering last week my run after 30 minutes of hills made me want to vomit, well, it should be exciting times. :)

2 comments:

dizzydazey said...

I just can't say enough how impressed I am with you and your "hobby". *rolls eyes* My hobbies include reading and bargain shopping. Your's is kickin ask! Go You!! :o)

Amanda said...

Hobby? You call this a hobby?!? HA! I find it amazing that you enjoy it so much, I really do. It's just not something I would consider a hobby. :)

Totally kidding by the way!