Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Inspiration-less

Today was just one of those days. Not extraordinary. Not memorable. Just there. I hate days like this! I couldn't even think of a catchy title to write for this entry....heck, it's amazing I'm even writing at this point.

I ate 4 little tacos tonight for dinner. Who KNOWS how many points they were, but DH heated up a tub of Chi-Chi's (I know, how terrible) and I went to town after spin class. I now feel like a cow. No wonder the stomach fat is just hanging there. Oh, haven't mentioned this yet.....but the stomach pudge looks even worse when you get a stronger core! Instead of just melting away in general squishiness, it sits atop a layer of rock hard muscle and just jiggles there. It's so embarassing. I know I should eat less to get rid of it, but I just can't!

Speaking of ground beef, DH and I watched this movie two nights ago, Fast Food Nation. I thought it was supposed to be a comedy, but it turned out to be a mockumentary of sorts that deeply disturbed me. I guess I liked to just think my beef was born in a styrofoam package. These poor cows get stunned in the head, hung by their feet, and then they are bled to death and butchered on the spot. It's so.......savage. I am not sure what I think about it all......well, I wish I had the strength to not eat meat at all. No creature deserves to go through something like that. I cried all night long. Ugh. Anyway, I guess that made it a good movie? But it was still just a character-development type of movie that left you thinking, "how can I possibly do anything that will help?" I think that was the point of it, to be honest.....to present the issue and the reasons for why nobody is doing anything to deal with them. (Just so you know, I'm an animal lover, but not an animal rights activist....but when you see the kill room on film, it's enough to make you question all of your beliefs)

So, that was heavier than I was expecting for my inspiration-less post. I have PT tomorrow morning, another boring day of work, a swim/walk practice tomorrow night, and then my last day with DH before he leaves for training and I leave for my high school reunion. I don't really have any emotions right now surrounding DH leaving, but I know they will be overwhelming when they come. It's so hard to be sad when I am so darn proud of him. I'm a strong girl, and I've been alone without him for lots of time before. At least I'm in a better place than DC now so I don't have to worry too much in his absence.

OK, time for bed. I'm going to apologize to the cow I ate in mass quanitities tonight and start to focus my attention on plants. Yes, they do feel and react to their environment....but plants can't moo, and that's a good thing.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

How long will the hubby be gone? You will be fine and maybe have some fun! At least no one will be telling you that you stink! :)

Have fun at your reunion! :)