Sunday, August 5, 2007

Stinky

Apparently this is my new nickname, thanks to all this exercise. I suppose I should prefer it over "fatty" or "lard arse," but it's not something I can do much about after an hour and a half workout, ya know? Hubby deserves a swift kick in the rear for all these smell references he's sending my way. "You really should shower before you make breakfast." I particularly liked that one this morning. Um, excuse me, dear, but I just biked 13 miles and walked 2....and you just rolled out of bed? Well, I kind of need to eat NOW. So suck it up and take a big deep breath, 'cause you're gonna have to get used to it.

New bike stayed together today, although Coach was on me towards the end of the ride urging me to "gear up" because I was bouncing in the saddle. I am not sure if I was stuck in gear because I was afraid of slipping the chain, or avoiding more knee pain? Regardless, Coach won out and I instantly increased my speed by 2.5 mph. I love the big chain. LOVE IT! Knee hates it, but screw the knee.

I ended up heading out first and being the first in our group to hit the turnaround point. Can I just say THANK YOU to the genius who put the porta-potty there? Oh my gosh, TMI, but too much water before the ride. I was off the bike and in the porta-potty in no time....by the time I turned around, the next person behind me was just making it to the turnaround. Phew! I love being in the lead....must take advantage of it, since they all blow by me in the run. At any rate, the ride back was nice and cool. My only complaint is my poor hoo-ha. How do women cycle for long periods of time? I'm still numb and it's 2 hours later! (And that's wearing my tri short, which is an improvement over my non-bike shorts I usually ride in)

After the bike, we had to do a 20-minute run. Unfortunately, I wasn't cleared to run so I had to watch everyone who was behind me catch up and pass while I power-walked. They were all like, "you can do it, girl!" And I just stopped trying to explain.....seriously, do you think I need to walk for 20 minutes when last week I went zooming past you in the run? Um, no. I'm just honoring my body like we said we would. I did manage to do close to 2 miles in 20 minutes, so that was pretty shocking. I wonder if I got the distance right? Because that seems fast for a walk.

So, the girls are talking about signing up for the Long Beach Triathlon 2 weeks after Pacific Coast. I am intrigued, but I've heard that Long Beach Harbor is uber dirty and I'm not so into that. My buddy the nurse is entertaining the idea, though, so maybe I'll give in to peer pressure if I'm feeling good?

My eating has not been so stellar lately. Yesterday we went to Olive Garden, which is a train wreck no matter how you look at it. I ordered the linguine marinara with wheat noodles, then had them bring out the salad with their light dressing. Of course, I ate 1.5 breadsticks, and that was on top of a hearty lunch (tuna melt-- homemade) and breakfast. I really need to rein in a little bit here....but then this morning, I've just had 2 breakfasts....pre-workout and post-workout. And I still intend to eat lunch and dinner! Argh. There's got to be an easier way of figuring this all out.

I guess I should get my stinky rear in the shower now. Even the cat won't sit with me. Sorry to ramble on for so long! Stream-of-consciousness here.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was actually my other knee I had surgery on! That one is holding up great. It is hurting on the inside of the knee, there is no pain with the actual movement on the knee. Just aches on the outside part. Does that make sense? Today I ran and it was a little sore, but by the time I got home (30 min) it didn't hurt at all. But I would love some knee exercises. I don't want to bum my knee out at all.

I haven't signed up for a race yet...but I will be doing that on Friday. The good news is that I am ahead of the game on my training. Today I did a week 5 workout and I'm only in week 3. So I think I think I will be skipping week 4...since I didn't feel like I really pushed myself! So I will totally be ready for a 5k race in September!

Sorry for hijacking your comments! Kuddos to you on your workout today! I have to say you totally inspire me. You rock girlie!!

Amanda said...

Tell your DH to stick it! LOL!! Glad your bike worked out okay today too. I hope your knee gets to feeling better real soon and you can smoke by them on the bike and then they will never catch up!! WOO HOO!! :)

dizzydazey said...

You're so awesome! Everytime I read your blog I'm blown away by all that you're accomplishing. Amanda's right, you should tell your hub to stick it. You're kickin some major booty in the early am! Keep up the good work!