Sunday, June 10, 2007

Tricky Mexican Food

So, after all that bragging about being a responsible eater this past week, I went to a Mexican restaurant with my husband and boss last night and I don’t think I picked the very best item on the menu. Ugh! I had 8 points left for my dinner, but I couldn’t find a salad that looked appetizing. (And I have a cut on my tongue– light dressings would KILL to eat at this point) I ended up with a blackened chicken burrito that had a sprinkling of cojita cheese inside and mostly grilled chicken and fresh onions & tomatoes. It was in a flour tortilla, though, and it came smothered in some red sauce. I am almost certain that it far exceeded my points for the day, even though I only ate 1/2 of it and there was no rice to be seen. (And no chips for me, I might add!) Anyway, suffice it to say I feel gross today and am a little upset with myself. I tried to do Roni’s veggie burrito standbye, but they didn’t offer a veggie burrito. (And talk about cilantro-happy….it was my worst nightmare)

I really need to get to the gym and get in the pool sometime before I leave on my trip. Miss Diva Coach says that I need to get on a bike to get spinning (not a problem!) and in the water to get the feel back. What I need is a swift kick in the rear to get me out of this house right now. I’ve just been reading the paper, drinking my coffee, and phoning my family, all the while still in my pj’s and not getting anything material accomplished! I’ve blown through 7 points already and I haven’t even gotten to lunch….must find me some veggies at the store for dinner tonight.
Anyways, will add the food journal later. I just wanted to get on here and thank everyone (wow, Dr. Drill even came on and wrote– I was so excited!) for their ongoing support and encouragement. THIS is what it takes to accomplish your goals and get to where you want to be. Everyone’s comments are so helpful and motivational. I promise to get more active on here and sprinkle a few of my own around in the future!

No comments: