Thursday, June 28, 2007

I'm tired.....

so, so tired.

According to my journal, this is my sixth consecutive day of exercise. Yesterday, we hit the pool for an amazing swim practise. Imagine 24 Divas in 3 lanes, doing 1-arm drills while circle swimming. Yes, it was a circus! I did, however, learn that in triathlon swims, you rely most on your arms....kicking is only for steering. How about that? I need to save my legs for biking and running, hence the need to make a fabulously strong stroke. I have a long way to go. We spent a little over an hour and the pool, and that was enough for me.

Today, I did my mandated workout--- 50 minutes of cycling, followed by 10-15 minutes of running. Our first combination of workouts. I hit the gym for my 1-hour cycling class, and made sure to keep the cadence up but the resistance moderate. I *thought* I hydrated well, but apparently not so. After class, I hit the trail and attempted to run. My legs felt like jello after the bike (totally normal and expected), but after two minutes, my legs cramped! Oh crud! I was out on the trail all by my lonesome, cell phone back in my car, no ID on me. I seriously was questioning my sanity at my attempt to run with so many bad things going on in my body. So I listened to my calves and stopped, turned around, and walked back to my car, hoping I'd make it without cramping to the point of immobility. What a night! I just downed 2 servings of pasta and am finally satiated, but my body is tired. Dead tired.

Tomorrow is my day off! Thank goodness-- it's been a crazy long week.

It's been that TOM, as well, so I've been starving and hurting all at the same time. I'm not sure what I've eaten lately, but it can't be good for me. Let me try this stupid table again. OK, the table is not stupid. *I* am, in so many ways.

Well, look at that. It's showing up now. But now I can't get it up the darn page. What's up with that?? What am I doing wrong? Argh.....I'm supposed to understand modern technology!







FoodPointsPoints Remaining (out of 22)
Coffeemate with coffee220
Small apple119
Fiberful Bar118
String Cheese117
1/4 cup pistachios (shelled)314
Low-carb wrap with 2% cheese and 1/2 serving turkey410
Sugar Free Hot Cocoa19
100 calorie pack of cookies28
Small salad with 2 tbsp fat free dressing17
2 servings Barilla pasta with 1/4 cup sauce70
Activity points-- 55 minutes of spin+33

6 comments:

Colette said...

MtGirl....look at the bright side your table is getting closer to your blog....LOL

Heck I can't even figure out how to put one on here. Everytime I try its just a LIST with what I ate and NO TABLE!! I hate computers sometimes..hehe

I am so proud of you...you are working your azz off and its going to show. keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

WOW!! You are amazing and the dedication you have. Know about that "stupid" table. Mine was doing the same thing. I then copied it and psted it for zazu to use and she had no problems with it. So I theived from her and my table is right with my post. Check it out. If you want me to email it you let me know.. sassysunflwr@hotmail.com Keep up the amazing work. I can't wait to see the results! Did you take a before training picture??

Amanda said...

You are my hero with all those work outs! I worry though...are you eating enough?? Getting hydrated enough and staying that way is hard to figure out. You will get it and then cycling and running won't be so hard to do together. You're doing GREAT!!!

Jynell said...

Erin you are doing AWESOME!!! Hydration is a HUGE key to success- Dr. Drill lectures us at some point during EVERY BC- "10% dehydration (which is low) results in a 50% decrease in performance" If you think about that statement & realize that 10% is low for most people- it's HUGE!! Also, try some bananas before working out for the leg cramps. I used to get them all the time, but the extra potassium really makes a big difference. Just keep pushing through- I KNOW you can do it & I am so proud of you!! :oD Have a great FRIDAY!!

dizzydazey said...

You're so awesome!!

Keep up the hard work - I know it'll pay off soon!

Anonymous said...

The HTML code is really weird for Blogger -- you basically have to write it like a big run-on sentences or Blogger inserts extra breaks...the best option I have found is creating a spreadsheet in Google Docs and embedding it into my blog post...I wrote about it on my site in case you want more info! Take care and have a great weekend!