Monday, June 4, 2007

Crazy Ideas

The other day I had this crazy idea that I was going to join an expensive triathlon training team and do another tri in September. Crazy! Anyway, I’ve since talked myself out of it. First off, in this time of company takeover, I need to make an impression on my new bosses as they come in and start working with me and my group. I’m doing lots of trips back and forth to San Jose and San Francisco, and who knows where else I’ll be traveling. It’d just be a huge waste of money to sign up for this training session and then I wouldn’t be able to do it. Or I’d do it, whilst sacrificing my work performance. So, I’m going to skip it. However, I am interested in doing another triathlon again and am thinking that maybe I’ll find one next spring that I can aim towards without hurting myself? A nice pool swim as opposed to open water? Yes, that’d be much better. And I can build up the training so that I’m not totally occupied every spare second. I’m disappointed, but I’m only trying to be realistic here. Living in CA is all about working on my career, so I can’t let anything derail that.

On a positive note, guess who is firmly back on program? Oh, yeah…that would be moi. I’m at 21 points and I’m pretty much full. One small apple and I’ll be ready for bed! Woohoo! This is very exciting for me considering all the crud I’ve been through these past few weeks. I’m a stress eater, so it’s been pretty tough to stay on track.

Hit the grocery store tonight intent on scoring pay dirt with the Grocery Game. Unfortunately, healthy food is NEVER on sale. I swear!! These crazy coupon ladies are stocking up on Suddenly Salad, refried beans, and cheese— I can’t buy all that stuff. I’m pretty brand-specific and focus a lot on fruits and veggies. It was so difficult to actually find coupons to use in the grocery store today. I guess I’ll be cancelling my Grocery Game subscription next week…..

At any rate, next week is my company’s annual meeting, followed by a vacation! My hubby is flying out to meet me, and we are going to spend 3 days in a cabin in Estes Park, CO. We got engaged in Rocky Mountain National Park and married just outside of Estes, so this area is near and dear to our hearts. This time around, we are planning on scaling our first mountain top…..Hallet Peak and Flattop Mountain. It’s around 10 miles round trip, but it’s not particularly difficult as far as actual mountains are concerned, so Im psyched. Really, there is nothing better than hiking in Colorado. I’m excited just thinking about it right now!
Anyway, with that, here is the damage for the day:
Food Points
Coffeemate creamer with coffee 2
String cheese 1
Fiberful bar 1
Quaker instant apple cinnamon oatmeal 2
Smart Ones spaghetti with zuchini 4
Wasa crackers and laughing cow light wedge 2
Sugar free hot cocoa 1
100 calorie granola bites 2
Barilla plus pasta with marinara 3
Salad with 25-calorie light dressing 1
100 calorie Hostess cupcakes 1
Apple 2
Totals 22

No comments: