Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Eve of the Summit

Yeah for internet access in cabins!

We are sitting in our cabin on the eve of our big hike to Hallett Peak tomorrow morning. It’s 5 miles one way, so 10 miles round trip — our longest hike ever. I’m a little nervous, but confident that we will make it and enjoy the gorgeous views. After rock climbing on Thursday, I still think I can conquer the world.

My eating has been horrible today, but we had our year-old wedding cake and then celebrated with the first pizza I’ve eaten in over a year. So I’m just considering all my flex points blown for the next week and will go back to proper behavior tomorrow. Not sure how many points I’ll earn by hiking all day long, but it’s got to at least knock off a piece of pizza….right?! At any rate, I am not beating myself up over it. In order to not go off the deep end in my regular life, I do need a day or two like this every year to get things out of my system. It’s not like I ate the entire pizza or downed a six pack of beer with it. And next week, when Coach Martha starts in on Tri training…..ancient history that pizza will be!

So, that’s my check-in for the vacation. Funny how all I can think about is getting to a computer so I can fess up!!

No comments: