Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Dreaded Mile Run

21 06 2007
Does anyone else throw up a little in their mouth when they hear that? Does it conjure up images of torture? Or kids rushing past you? Of all the weeks leading up to this horrid event that made you feel like the world’s biggest loser?

Well, if it doesn’t, you were probably one of the lucky ones that I used to hate. But no hard feelings, for today I cranked it out and I have to admit, I’m pretty darn pleased to be facing this demon! Grabbed the hubby’s GPS, my MP3 player, and then hit the trail for a timed mile. Coach wants us to have a baseline, and the workout homework for the next two days was 20 minutes of running/walking….so this worked out great. I completed 1 nautical mile in 9 minutes, 5 seconds, which converts to 7 minutes and 52 seconds for 1 regular mile. Woohoo!!! Now, I was definitely dying by the end there, but this is a marked improvement from the 12 - 15 minutes of my elementary school past. I feel like a fine wine– look at how much better I’ve gotten with age!
……well, all except for that pesky belly pudge that just loves to make me feel all self conscious and pregnant.

Before I go any farther, I finally posted my mountaintop photo on the Photo page. It’s a little distorted, but I’m not so good with this thing here so it’s as good as it gets. Yes, it’s called Flattop Mountain for a reason!! But boy, the way up there was anything but flat.
So today was alright. I ate a little more than I wanted to, but I’m without a car (gotta love blinking indicator lights and the panic it instills in me!) so I haven’t had a chance to do any shopping. This week has been all canned/frozen/old foods, so no doubt high in sodium. Back in the 150’s. Big shocker there! My body is justing socking away the fat trying to taunt me with those 140’s. But I’ll get there. Just you wait.

Alas, here is the day:
FOOD POINTS
Coffeemate creamer 3
1/2 Brownie bite (darn you coworkers!) 1
Fiberful bar 1
Granola Bar 3
2 servings Barilla pasta with ICBINB spray and fresh basil 6
Oatmeal — TJ’s with splenda 3
1/2 cup mixed vegetables 1
Lemon Pepper tuna steak 3
1/4 cup Golden Grahams 2
1 Dannon Lite n’ Fit yogurt 1
Activity points earned +2
Flex Points used 0
Totals 24

No comments: