Sunday, June 24, 2007

A New Beginning

Earlier today, blogs.weightwatchen.com died an early and terribly unexpected death. All 400 weight loss blogs joined together by the work of "Roni" disappeared permanently due to a downed server. We'd been joined together in our common journeys for over 4 months now, so as you can imagine, the loss of the data AND the community is just devastating.

I've decided to continue blogging, under the same name, in my weight loss attempt and hope that one day I can reconnect with some of the wonderful people I communicated with on Weightwatchen.com.

To bring you all up to speed, I'm a 28-year old career woman who's been on Weight Watchers for nearly two years now. I lost 35 lbs for my wedding last June, and I've managed to keep 30 off permanently. This blog is my quest to maintain and lose and continue to live a healthy lifestyle. The big news in my life is that I'm training for my 2nd sprint triathlon in September! So if my blog is a mix of triathlon training and dieting, my apologies.

Over the next few weeks, I hope to recover some of my blog posts from Google caches and copy them into my new blog. I'm hoping I can back date them! At any rate, I don't want to lose those memories.....

10 comments:

Swizzlepop said...

Just wanted to say hi! Great minds think alike ;). I started mine after reading Roni's update and then just saw your comment. It's not the same but hopefully we can all find each other and continue to keep up and continue the support until Weight Watchen is back up.
How do you look up your google cache? I'd love to be able to recover my old posts too.

MtngirlinCali said...

Swizzle-- just google your name and hopefully a ton of results will show up. Instead of clicking on the links, I click on the "cache" under the summary. I believe it's the snapshot the search engines use to index your page, so it might not be all there or up-to-date. (I did manage to recover 3/4 of my posts, so that was good) Still trying to figure out how to add my favorite links so I can read everyones' posts again!

Amanda said...

Hi!! This is strawgirl from the blogs! I am going to do the same thing. I am so lost without my blog!!! Hopefully I can get a blog title close to what I had on blogs.weightwatchen.com--My Life...in a blog! :)

Colette said...

Hey mtngirlincali,
Glad you found me too. Yeah I am hoping to revoer as much of my post as I can. Like swizzlepop I am trying to figure it all out. Good luck and hopefully Roni will get it back up soon.
Colette
"Cofessions of a Chinese Food Addict"

Anonymous said...

Hey mtngirl - glad I found you!! We must have all decided to do the smae thing! Take Care!
-Chris

dizzydazey said...

Hey Mtngirl - this is Mandy from "It Aint Over till the Fat Lady Sings" just wanted to let you know that I'm here, too!

Have a great OP day!!

Superjayman's Battle of the Bulge said...

Hey how's the sunburn...you were right the "itchies" are here. Glad some of us are already up and running!!!

Jenn said...

Hi, I am from Roni's site too and am adding you as a friend :)

workingtowardshealthy.blogspot.com

Swizzlepop said...

Go to your Dashboard then click on the Templates tab. Then click the Page Elements link and click Add Page Element, then find Link List and click ADD TO BLOG. :)

Jynell said...

Hey Erin!

Glad to see you'll be back up too! I'm going to work on getting mine back up on Wordpress (already know all the formatting- figured it'd be easier to rebuild). Anyway, just wanted to say hi, sounds like you're doing really well with your training! I'm so glad you're enjoying it too!! Gotta run- ttyl- have a good night!!