Friday, June 1, 2007

Booze = Not a Good Food Substitute

Allow me to preface this by saying I’m not a drinker. In fact, aside from toasts at Thanksgiving and 1/2 a bottle of champagne the night of my wedding, I can’t think of a time where I’ve had anything to drink. So why I chose to order a sour apple martini tonight to go with my steak is absolutely beyond me.

Yeah, I had a few points leftover. Until I ate the whole steak. Oops. But it’s my birthday! Was my birthday. Yesterday, was my birthday. I just get so excited thinking about it. I had cake, because it was my birthday, and I got a grill. Yes!!! At any rate, tonight was the celebratory dinner, since we spent all of last night eating cake and assembling my grill. (But let me say that dear husband was brilliant and bought one of those mini cakes that’s only 2 servings— have I told you all how much I adore this man?)

Back to the booze. BAD idea. So bad. I started feeling like my arms and legs were lighter than they should be, and then my peripheral vision seemed to go on me. Naturally, this gets me pretty panicky. What could possibly be in such a small glass to make me feel so weird and horrible? Anyway, I felt on the verge of blacking out and was NOT comfortable driving my car home. We had to walk around for an hour before I finally felt like I wasn’t ready to lose all consciousness. Yowzers!

So that’s my word to the wise today. Eat your points. Don’t drink them. It’s infinitely more satisfying that way.

What a week it’s been. My company is being taken over. It’s my birthday. One of my good friends is in the ICU recovering from a cyst removal surgery that is going to take 1-2 years to fully recover from. What an emotional roller coaster. And to top it off, it’s my one year wedding anniversary on Sunday. Wow! I’m just glad the site of the American Idol ice cream now makes me want to ralph. Something to be said for binging there…..

No comments: