Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Back from the Beyond

Always a mixture of sadness and relief when you get home from vacation. I was so happy to see my cat and get started with training, but sad to say goodbye to family and our favorite state. Walking is difficult right now. Although I’m sure some of this is soreness from our killer hike, I was dumb enough to elect to NOT put sunscreen on my legs and now I’m paying the piper. My legs are swelled and sleeping is near impossible. I’m walking around all bow-legged because I can’t bend my knees without pain. ouch!! I have learned my lesson, though. From here on out, I’m going to slather myself in a high spf sunscreen. I love being stupid.

Can’t wait to get back on track with this diet. I’m sick of having to guess at everything that I eat! I think it’s safe to say I’ve gained during this trip, but I’m not going to weigh in tomorrow because I’m carrying around far too much in my legs thanks to the burn.

Tomorrow is my first day of triathlon training. We’re hitting the spinning room to learn cycling form and get used to our clip pedals. I bought some shoes on eBay for $15– brand new with new LOOK cleats attached. I think I got a bargain!! (And I guessed my size in UK numbers correctly– go me)

I promise to update tomorrow with my mountaintop photo. It ain’t pretty, but you bet I made it to the top and I’m not going to stop bragging about it!

No comments: