Monday, June 11, 2007

The List

Today was the day we received our traithlon equipment list. Is it embarassing to admit that half of the equipment I never knew existed?! I need to buy a triathlon wetsuit, body glide (yeah, sounds like some unsavory stuff is going to go on!!), pull buoy, tire tubes and pumps or cartridges (huh?!), bright colored swim caps, and a heart rate monitor, among other things. I’m on a crazy search for a cheap road bike, but apparently that is too much to ask. I’ve even gotten so daring as to ask my old boss, who apparently has a garage full of very expensive toys, if I might be able to borrow one of his bikes for the next few months? We shall see. I knew that this would be expensive, but I never realized that doing it right would be THIS expensive. Alas, I will make it work. EBay, Craigslist, and co-workers are my friends. I’m really excited, though. I wish we were starting tomorrow, except I need the time to gather all these weird training goodies.

I leave for my company’s annual meeting tomorrow night. This is 3 days of activity and schmoozing and catered meals…hopefully not signs of impending disaster. I survived last year and managed to lose weight before my wedding, so why should this be any different? My friend in DC is packing her swimsuit, as we intend to swim some laps at the start of our mornings. Hopefully this will get me ready for the triathlon divas. This week, they are only running on Sunday. With all of my hiking and swimming, I’m sure we’ll be on the same page!

I’m going through a good eating period here. No insane urges. No eating all my points before noon. Just even steven. I wish it was always this easy. Yesterday, we didn’t even buy any junk at the grocery store. We got 8 bananas that we have to eat before we leave tomorrow night. I’ve only had one, but can you guess what’s for desert?

Here’s the day so far. I’ll add my intended dinner and the aforementioned banana.

Food Points
Coffeemate creamer 2
Mediterranean salad with feta and veggies, 1 tbsp dressing 4
1 apple 1
1 banana 2
String cheese 1
Fiberful bar 1
3/4 cup Golden Grahams 2
2 servings barilla pasta with 1/2 cup sauce 7

Totals 20

No comments: