Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Joys of Fresh Produce

The bloat is gone! TMI, I know. But it’s the craziest thing. If I go grocery shopping and eat most of my points in things like yogurt, fruit, veggies, and whole grains, my stomach seems to shrink. As soon as I grab a frozen meal or a granola bar, poof! Big tummy again.
Anyway, it’s motivation to keep heading to the store for mini shops every 3-4 days to make sure I don’t run out of fruit and vegetables. I was reading a triathlon training guide and one of their articles was devoted to a healthy diet. They said that for desert, if you are craving sweets, eat a few apples. Eventually, the craving goes away. Now, who am I kidding to think that I’ll actually try this??! Well, I might. We shall see. I have 2 Golden Delicious sitting in my fruitbasket with my name all over ‘em.

Jynell got me to thinking about my reasons for not doing the Triathlon training. I mean, who cares if I miss a few of the sessions I paid for because of work or vacation? It happens! I went on their website tonight and read about all the women who are a part of the training team, and you know what? They are all sorts of ages, and all of them are professionals with busy careers. Surely if these women can find the time, so can I. And I may actually make some friends, too! Anyways, there is a shorter distance triathlon up in Santa Barbara in August that might be a bit more realistic for me to try if I’m scared of the one in Newport. Oh, what to do?! I’ve e-mailed the owner of the training group and asked her what she thought of me joining when I miss out on the first session. Fingers crossed I can work it out!!!

So, here’s the day so far. I know red meat isn’t the best for you, but what can a girl do when she’s got a difficult man at home who will sulk if he sees another bowl of Boca chili?!
Food Points
Coffeemate creamer with coffee 2
1 small apple 1
Fiberful bar 1
Quaker instant apple cinnamon oatmeal 2
Leftover spaghetti 3
Wasa crackers and laughing cow light wedge 2
Sugar free hot cocoa 1
100 calorie pack 2
2 beef tacos with cheese 7
1 Mango 1

Totals 22

No comments: