Thursday, May 17, 2007

Why Can't Grey's be on Before Dinner?

Seriously, I wouldn’t get the evening munchies at all if Grey’s came on at 5:30pm. I’d spend half my night blubbering and nauseous and leave insane points on the table. Sorry, just had to vent. It never ceases to amaze me how that show can take you from comedy to sorrow/horror in no time flat! And now I have to wait all summer to feel better.
On the bright side (can you tell I’m not always an optimist? Bright side ALWAYS is in the second paragraph), my trip to San Francisco was fantastic. We walked our site and ALL around the SOMA/Embarcadero/Financial/Rincon Hill/South Beach areas of town, and I topped it off with a phenomenal lunch at some financial district grill……grilled mahi mahi on a bed of basmati rice in some sensational light, frothy, citrusy broth….. I loved it! Anyway, all the walking did make me think about why I want to continue on this weight loss journey. It’s all about an acronym: I - T - C. What I wouldn’t give to have daylight between my thighs so I can walk around in a skirt on a hot sweaty day and not be crippled within 2 hours if I’m not wearing hose. Yes, I know this is sort of a crude topic and definitely something that’s TMI, but I’m going there. I wonder what it’s gonna take for some ITC? 10 lbs? 15 lbs? 20? Good grief!!! I was with my new boss and I couldn’t exactly explain why I was walking around the airport with a pained look on my face. How crossing my legs at lunch made me want to cry. Why it’s probably going to be another 3 days before I can wear another skirt again without my skin turning permanently pink.
UGH. See, I turned my bright side into a negative. See what Grey’s Anatomy does to me?
I think I did well with my eating today, but I didn’t exactly tally all the points. OK, mentally it was 23. Tomorrow, I’m back to my regular journal. No more lazy, depressed, and sore excuses for not copying the stupid table and adding it to the blog.
With that, I am off to bed. To cry some more, to stew, and then to start the day all over again. Thank you, Grey’s Anatomy.

No comments: