Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Still Too Afraid to Look at the scale

I’m not sure what’s wrong with me, but I have not wanted to step on the scale for nearly a week now. I didn’t go off the deep end with my parents’ visit, but I also didn’t count points and for all I know I blew through my flex points and then some. But that uncertainty is just killing me! I feel like I’m up, out of control, hopeless……all feelings that might, just might, disappear if I step on the scale and prove to myself that I didn’t do any damage. Yet I am sure I did, and somehow seeing the scale go up AGAIN would be far too much for me to handle– even worse than speculation!
Ugh. It must be a female thing. I’m just crazy and my hormones are surging. Tomorrow, I will step on the scale. I have to.
As an aside, yesterday’s Disneyland theme prompted me to find a great article that I read prior to my first park visit. It’s good stuff:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm060221sw
I ate a pretzel today. No butter. I was doing some shopping at Target on my lunch break and the hubby really wanted to stop at the snack stand. Lucky me! All the sandwiches were too many points, and I had a craving….so lunch was a salted, unbuttered pretzel with a 100 calorie pack of beef jerkey. Hey, at least I got my protein in. So now I need to find a way to get some veggies in for dinner, because I’ve been slacking in the health food department as of late. I need to get myself to a grocery store.
Here’s the day so far and what I hope to make for dinner if I can get motivated:
Food Points
Coffeemate creamer with coffee 2
1 All Bran Bar 2
1 Unsalted, Unbuttered pretzel 5
100 calorie pack of beef jerkey 2
Fiberful bar 1
Dannon Light n’ Fit yogurt 1
Ham & Cheese English Muffin 3
100 calorie cupcakes 2
2 prunes 1
Sugar free Jello 1

Totals 20

No comments: