Sunday, May 20, 2007

Killer SoCal Deals

I just have to brag about the deal I got at Pavilions yesterday….all by accident, of course. Hostess 100-calorie cupcakes, 2 for $5 with the Vons card. Now, considering they are $3.99 each at Target, I was skipping to the register and not ashamed at all that this was all I managed to purchase.
I also just signed up for this online coupon thing called “The Grocery Game.” I figured that with all the name-brand stuff my husband eats, surely I can walk away from this with some savings, particularly when it comes to personal items and household cleaners. I’m not usually a coupon clipper because I hate holding up lines (hey, I came from DC and hate waiting, what do you expect?!), but the savings really can be phenomenal. This morning, I pulled up my grocery stores (I got free subscriptions to Vons, Ralph’s, Stater Bros, Walgreens, and CVS) and each printed me out a list with recommended items for stockpiling, freebies, and then good deals if I was desperate. I think we’re going to hit Stater Bros. tomorrow for some Lloyd’s Barbecue (can get it for $2.50) and chicken breasts. Until then, I’m hitting up TJ’s as always and trying to follow Miss July’s shopping list.
They aren’t going to quench your hunger, but they certainly are a nice treat

No comments: