Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Past Diet Confession

My burger post earlier brought up a very poignant memory from my not-so-distant past. Back in 2002, whilst getting my MBA, I went on Atkins for 9 months. I was a bunless burger-eating fiend and would go to all lengths to find a local McDonald’s to sneak into on our lunch break, often grabbing my partner in crime so we could order 2 double cheeseburgers and hide in the back of the restaurant in shame. I can’t believe I actually DID that! Frankly, I can’t believe I lost weight that way, either. My poor kidneys.
At any rate, that was just a funny memory. Burgers bring back all sorts of feelings of shame because of that. Now, you think WW is hard to stay on? Try Atkins! When you fall off that wagon, getting back on is PAINFUL. (Need we discuss sugar withdrawal? Three days of headaches and mood swings that could even make criminals cringe?!)
I think I went over on points today, but as usual, I’ll fess up in the table below and see how it shakes out. If nothing else, I had way too much sodium and have probably packed on a pound of water retention. Go me.
Food Points
Coffeemate creamer with coffee 2
Apple cinnamon oatmeal 2
Fiberful bar 1
2 servings of my quiche (made 6 servings) 6
1 small apple 1
Packet sugar free hot cocoa 1
1 small banana 1
1 100 calorie pack 2
1/2 cup Honeycomb cereal 2
1 serving of beef stir fry with brown rice 5

Totals 23

OK, used a flex point. Could’ve been worse!! But now the realization that rock climbing is coming up in less than a month is making me feel like I need to get to the gym BADLY. Hopefully it won’t make me gain another 4 lbs. Am just petrified of the gym at this point.

No comments: