Saturday, May 19, 2007

Cake, and how it really messed up dinner

Yesterday was May birthday day in the office. I’m usually one of those people that hears the announcements and hides in the bathroom until the cake is demolished so that I don’t have to be tempted OR taunted. But today, since I’m a May birthday, I decided to enter the cake zone and partake in 1/3 of a slice because….it’s my birthday! (Well, not officially until the end of the month, but you catch my drift)
Although lovely, the cake certainly put a kink in my dinner plans. I surely had eaten the remainder of my points by the time I had the cake at 3pm, so when I got home I concocted the most obscene veggie egg white omlette you could imagine. Rather than adding my cherished cheese, I just doused it in Tabasco Sauce and reminded myself that *I* chose the birthday cake. Nobody made me do it. if I wanted cheese, I should’ve skipped the cake. At any rate, the omlette was enough and I survived my evening. Although I can’t know for sure what 1/3 a slice of heavenly cake is worth in points, I’m willing to wager yesterday was still higher than 22 points.
Alas, today is a new, cake-free day. We are headed to the Oceanside Pier for some fun and sunshine (if the May Gray ever lifts), and hopefully we can hit the gym, too. My gym is probably celebrating my prolonged absence— I will need to go every day next week to make up all this lost value!
So, here’s hoping that today is well-behaved and fun

No comments: