Thursday, September 27, 2007

Week of Excess

You know it's bad when the avid blogger cannot find the time nor motivation to write......

I had a rough eating week. My cavalier attitude about food ("Oh, I can eat that-- I'm a triathlete!") has made me feel like shit, and I'm sure I've gained weight. Hubby was in town, so I skipped 2 days of working out because I felt bad about leaving him. I was so spaced out from stress of hubby and work on Monday that I forgot the start time of our pool swim and missed 1/2 hour of it....and the got lapped by a girl on my timed 500 meter because I was SO OUT OF IT!! I was pissed. And then today, I'm just totally grumpy because work is insane and I'm sick of doing everything for everybody. Last I checked, I wasn't an analyst anymore. Do your own damn underwriting and leave me the heck alone!

Practice tonight was okay, but my swim times are just not improving at all. I'm tired in the water. Yes, my form is better, but this is one instance where good form does not equal free speed. Yes, I was in the fast lane. Except I wouldn't say I was faster than anyone in the 25 meters....I'd just pull away after the turn and then that is when I'd be faster. I'm hoping that I can push the envelope a bit more, but I'm just so frustrated. Coach tried to get me to go faster tonight, too, so I'm disappointed that the speed isn't coming to me faster. The only plus is that I can make it down the length of the pool with about 3 breaths......compared to 4 months ago, when it took every-other stroke. And my timed 100 was around 1:40, which is okay for me. My goal is to get the long slow distance 100 to less than 2 minutes and then try to bring that into my racing. I get so preoccupied with buoys and people when I race that I don't actually swim at my pace!

Ugh. So that's the scoop. Lots of new Divas tonight, and I feel like a total stranger around them. I wish I knew them better, but I missed all the "getting to know you" sessions because I was preparing for Pacific Coast, and our session is relatively short compared to the 12 weeks I did this summer. Maybe we'll bond over the winter during our skills and drills?

Hubby is back in Texas. I miss him, but the cat misses him more. I'm tired!! I feel like I need to sleep for days when he leaves.....it's just go-go-go. He starts the sim tomorrow night, and if it all goes well, his next "gate" is on Sunday. So good thoughts for Sunday so he can make it through. I swear, you guys help!

So, that's the scoop. I thought about journaling today, but I am a little embarassed to fess up to my "2.5 servings of Accelerade for 250 calories and 1 mini Cliff Bar for 100 calories" during my swim. It does appear excessive, but it was an hour workout! I'm definitely heading back over to Weightwatchen soon to get back on track. Once a WWer, always a WWer, even if I'm a triathlete. (And I'm not even that legit--- I'm training for sprint distance and the only time I can invoke the triathlon eating excuse is when I'm doing bricks longer than an hour--- must do those more often!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fingers crossed for hubby...I know he'll do great!
-Chris

Unknown said...

Oh girl you read my mind!! Hope things settle down soon...I'll keep you and your hubby in my prayers!

Amanda said...

I'll be thinking of your DH on Sunday. I know he will do great!!!