Thursday, September 13, 2007

Addiction

I don't know what's wrong with me. Can't I let my team go to a race without me? Can't I rest from my little race on Sunday and let the training program peak me right around Subaru?

Nope.

One of our girls put out an e-mail to the group seeing if anyone wanted to do the relay at the Long Beach Triathlon next weekend. Guess who responded within minutes?

Yikes-- it's me. The money I don't have is burning a hole in my pockets. I can't let them race without me! I'm going to do the bike, on a very non-competitive relay team. At first I was a little bummed about this, but in talking to my coach, it's not so bad.....slower teammates means more time on course with our uniforms getting the word out about our group!

Speaking of the group, there was a great article in the OC Register today about one of our girls. The author is sort of anti-Tridivas, but at least we got one mention. I adore Sue, and am so happy she got the spotlight:
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/ohman-triathlon-race-1844272-time-swim

At any rate, that's it from me. Time to sleep and start all over again. Had a crazy hard swim practice tonight that didn't sit well with my cold.....all I want is a little sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are certainly worse addictions!!

-Chris

BTW - I enjoyed the newspaper article!