Saturday, September 8, 2007

Getting ready to try again

So, I'm sitting here fighting a cold and awaiting the arrival of my sister into Orange County. I'm just back from Expo and packet pick-up, armed with all sorts of goodies that only a burgeoning tri geek like myself would really appreciate. I even picked up a cute t-shirt that says, "I swim, bike, and run like a girl." Hehehe!

Anyway, tomorrow morning is the big race, except now that I'm sick I'm reassessing my goals. The San Diego race will have to be the real "A" race for me, as I'm not sure I'll be able to go out there tomorrow and throw out my best times. We walked the beach today, which is part of the course, and it was just so beautiful. So when I feel exhausted, snotty, and out of everything on my run tomorrow morning, I'm just going to take a deep breath and be thankful that I am able to participate in an event at such a gorgeous venue. After all, it was the venue itself that got me into this training program.

So, my thoughts tomorrow will also be on all those out there competing in Ironman Wisconsin. They are all amazing, and I can't wait to get back tomorrow and track all my favorite bloggers' progress!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you as I watch some of the transitions at the Madison Ironman (I live there and thought of you as I saw some Iron men and women in town today!)

Courtney (formeforlife)

Jynell said...

SOOOOOOO..... HOW DID IT GO???? I am dying for details & thought about you yesterday!!! Can't wait to hear about the big day- hope your cold didn't get you down too much!!

Anonymous said...

I realize that I am late with the "good luck" wishes. I hope you had an amazing race and are proud of all your accomplishments! (as we are of you!)

-Chris