Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hard to Taper when you have a TAPEWORM

Holy cow, I will hit this race 5 lbs heavier, I swear. Uncontrollable hunger......OUCH!

I can't even do my taper week exercises because my knees and IT band are still so sore from my first 7-mile run on Sunday. Yeah, smoothness. To top that all off, I am starting to feel sick. Like, bowling ball in the head and drippy nastiness kind of sick.

If I end up at this race SICK and LAME on Saturday, I am going to cry. I am going to cry and scream and maybe even eat a donut.

Insanity.

As you can tell, I'm heading to sleep now and praying that my Zicam, excellent rest schedule, and pure luck get me through the next few days.

Why did I pick this sport?!!!

5 comments:

SixTwoThree said...

UUUGGGGHHHHH,bummer! Zicam did help me put a bug to rest in three days back in January. Airborne has good stuff in it too. I was practically freebasing the stuff the week before my race 'cause I felt like I was fighting something off. Nothing like a big race to make you feel like the girl in the glass bubble. Rest, lots of rest...you've done the training. Feel better, pronto!

Amanda said...

I hope you feel better ASAP. Good luck in the race on Saturday. I'll be thinking of you!

Unknown said...

you picked this sport because you ROCK! I hope you are feeling better soon but regardless you are going to kick butt!! I can't wait to see pics!

BTW - thanks for the article - that was really interesting and made me feel so much better about my HR issues. Today I was on the elliptical and got my HR up to 164 (85%) and I could barely breathe. I have to admit there is a certain adrenaline rush with that but after 25 minutes I'm done.....no way I could maintain that for a whole hour! So I figure I'm going to enjoy my cycle class and bust ass on the elliptical. As long as I keep things mixed up I should be good, right??

BTW - you totally inspire me.....you really are amazing!!

Unknown said...

good luck w/the race!!! i can't wait to hear about it!

Unknown said...

Good luck this weekend!!! :)