Thursday, April 24, 2008

Freebie

Oh, I'm around. I do check in. I'm just so boring that I don't feel like writing all that often!

I've been somewhat lazy since my race two weeks ago. I suppose traveling for a week will do that, but we are in a quiet build week, so I haven't worked particularly hard. Rode some hills on my bike on Monday (I hate them so much now that I attack with all my power--- it's funny how getting your rear kicked in a race by a hill fuels your anger), and yesterday I ran 6.5 miles around a challenging, hilly course. Aside from the fabulous hip flexor pain I've grown accustomed to, it was easy. Can you believe that? I have a 6-mile running base. And miles 4-6 are the happy ones. Who would've imagined?

So this weekend is all about the hard swim, the long bike, and another strong run. I'm looking forward to it, but I hope my legs recover enough. Am considering getting a bike fitting with a FIST certified fitter....I did a pretty good fitting when I first got my bike, but I am having some very specific pings and pangs as a result of cycling and I can't help but think it may be time to make the investment.

It's odd that I haven't enveloped myself in training this week. Work is uncertain, and hubby's work is pretty horrible, too. Too bad we now work for the same company! We are having some communication issues at the moment......he doesn't think I know what it's like to hate your job, but he is woefully mistaken. And he doesn't think talking about it will help because there's nothing I can do. At least he's right about that one. I can't do anything. Yes, I helped to get him this job, but it's not MY fault he had to take it. Oh, it's all so frustrating. I know it'll all work out for the best in the end and that it's not the end of the world, but right now I just want to disappear.

To top it all off, the love of my life, my kitty, has had some bad allergies that resulted in some scratches around his eye. Tonight, the scabs got itchy and he went after his eye again. He's walking around looking all beat up, like Rocky. Pink, puffy eyelids.....weeping.....itchy itchy. I've drugged him with children's Benadryl, but he is such a beafy boy that the cat dosage didn't even touch him. I was hoping that even if it didn't help the irritation, it'd put him to sleep... No can do.

Yes, it is a sad day when I am more upset about the puffy-eyed cat than I am about my depressed and non-communicative husband.

And to top it all off, after looking at my race photos and seeing how my lovely fat POOCH hangs down when I'm in aero on my bike, I am determined to lose this extra weight. But I weigh 3 lbs over my WW goal weight, so I am too embarassed to go back because that's 4 lbs heavier than I was the last time I went a few months ago. Can you believe the insanity of this? I've lost 1/2 inch in my hips, thighs, boobs, and waist, but I've gained 4 lbs in the same 3-month time frame. Life is cruel. And those race pictures just go to show that maybe, just maybe, I could have made it up those hills during the race if I wasn't carrying 10 lbs of fat in my baby-virgin belly. (ie. I have no excuse-- it shouldn't be there!)

Oh, the title of my post. My LBS is giving away a free entry into a triathlon the 2nd week in May. Somewhere in the desert, where I vowed I'd never race again. It's not USAT certified, but it's got both Oly and Sprint distances, and it'd be free. Can I turn that down? I'm seriously tempted to sign up, but only if I can convince more people to come with me. SIXTWOTHREE??? May 10th............

So yeah, that's my update. Lazy, sore workouts. Work sucks. Husband sucks. Kitty's eye sucks. My stomach sucks. And I'm contemplating yet another race. Dude, I need some chocolate. What a week.

1 comment:

SixTwoThree said...

A race May 10th is laughable. I'm sick as a dog right now. I haven't trained in a week and a half. Woke up wondering if XTERRA is in the cards still on May 18th. I'm on antibiotics now.