Sunday, March 2, 2008

Breaking through

This post is all about me, because, frankly, I'm pretty frickin' proud of myself this weekend.

Not only did I do my longest bike ride ever (almost 40 miles), but I followed it with my FIRST EVER 6 mile run. I'm still bouncing off the walls thinking about it. I never, ever thought it would be something I could do, but I did it. As my Diva mentor said, I popped that cherry today. (She was kind enough to stick with me so she could partake in this momentous occasion)

I may actually finish that race, after all!

Anyway, just had to share. I think my favorite part was that after the bike, I ate a HUGE lunch and there was no guilt at all. NONE! I can get used to this. Want a burrito? Bike like hell for hours and hours on end. Yes!

OK, time to shower. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Chica! I knew you could do it!! WOW!!

SixTwoThree said...

Way to go girl! That is huge!!