Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ready to Rumble!

Well, I'm back from Atlanta.

Apparently, in Atlanta, I run fast and swim like a drowning cat.

So although my training week was a bust, I have been reveling in the post Mud Run glory. I have to say that the race was the most fun I've ever had while running! My team of five was phenomenally funny, and I loved every second of being out on the race course, mud and all. I can't wait to do it again, but I'm glad my first time I didn't "race" it. So much pressure is off of you when you are racing under a team name and your results don't show up on a "record." :)
Here is the race, BEFORE:


DURING:
And AFTER:



Glorious good times!!

This weekend is Danskin Disneyland. I'm not sure I'm at my peak. In fact, I gained 3 lbs in Atlanta (who couldn't--- they sneak butter into everything), so I am sure I'm slower than molasses. But I'm kind of excited about this race, because it seems a little on the "short" side. .35 mile swim (I'm thinking they'll be hard-pressed to get us to 500 meters), 10 mile bike, and 2.5 mile run, although I mapmyrun'ed the run and can't get more than 2.1. Anyway, this sucker is going to be fast and furious-- an all out puke fest! With the 6am start time, I'm thinking this will be an interesting race. My first Danskin, to boot, and the water is excruciatingly warm, so it'll be my first non-wetsuit race. I guess it's gonna be slow for me?

Anyway, stay tuned for the race report......more good times to come.

It's good to be home!

1 comment: